You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

The hyper partisans can flail all they want, but impeachment is a losing proposition:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol … 244453002/

A “blue wall” state, opposes impeachment 60-40, and supports Trump over the top 4 Dem candidates.

America isn’t a progressive nation, and just because NY, LA, and DC have a hard on for Trump, doesn’t mean the rest of the country is.

If you’re a conspiracy nut, have predicted “this is it” every other week for the past 3 years, and think anyone save Biden or Buttigieg can beat Trump, you’re not seriously part of the conversation. You’re the extremist, you’re the partisan, and you’re the one who will be flabbergasted and confused 11.5 months from now when the same talking heads are baffled as they announce Trump’s re-election.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was really impressed with Hill. Listened to her testimony on NPR and thought this is the person we need in our government.

Giuliani is a dumpster fire. I Mean, can we impeach him of something?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Flagg (and others), just curious, do you believe:

1. Trump didn't do it.
2. Not enough was proven that he did do it to impeach.
3. He did it but it's not a crime/impeachable offense.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

3. And Republicans won't remove him.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

3.  I don’t think this is unique or special. Biden literally did what Trump was accused of.  Obama was caught on a mic telling Dmitrev he’d “have more flexibility after the election.”  It’s what anyone does at that stage.

Do I think it’s “good” that it happens, no. The media campaign congressional democrats have launched since day one turns me off to anything they say. It’s removed their credibility, and this impeachment trial is so partisan, the notion it should be taken serious is laughable. That’s the great tragedy, this is what our government has become.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

3.  I don’t think this is unique or special. Biden literally did what Trump was accused of.  Obama was caught on a mic telling Dmitrev he’d “have more flexibility after the election.”  It’s what anyone does at that stage.

Do I think it’s “good” that it happens, no. The media campaign congressional democrats have launched since day one turns me off to anything they say. It’s removed their credibility, and this impeachment trial is so partisan, the notion it should be taken serious is laughable. That’s the great tragedy, this is what our government has become.

Fair point. You're being honest.

However, just 2 things of note:
1. Why were the phone call memo's moved to the 'top secret' drawer if it's ho hum business. Moved, months ago, I think even before the whistleblower complaint IIRC.  People were looking for it for Pence's call or visit.
2. Why did Bolton quit the day after hearing of the complaint, and the money released the day after that. I suppose I can see them just releasing it to get it overwith, but Bolton quitting within 24 hours is pretty unusual. It's not like he waited it out very long & gave up, he basically quit asap.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Flagg (and others), just curious, do you believe:

1. Trump didn't do it.
2. Not enough was proven that he did do it to impeach.
3. He did it but it's not a crime/impeachable offense.

I am sure he did something. I'm not convinced the something is any different than what has happened before.  It certainly isn't so much worse than what has happened before because if the Democrats really had something it would be out already.  Trump is sleazy.  We know.

I think unless there was no other way out, there's no way the Republicans impeach him.  They would stall for the election before they impeached him and nominate someone else.  I also believe the Democrats would do the exact same thing if the shoe was on the other foot.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Ukraine Collusion Starts Now!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I  think one of the more alarming things that happened this week was Fiona Hill's testimony debunking the counter story that Ukraine interfered in our election. She essentially told Nunes that he was repeating Russian propaganda with his Ukraine election meddling accusations.

Furthermore our elected officials, to include the GOP of course, were all briefed on this. They were specifically told it wasn't true and that Russia was pumping out this disinformation. Yet our president and the republicans continue to stick to this narrative knowing damn well that it's Russian propaganda.

I find this disturbing. We literally have one political party (and their media outlets) ignoring our intelligence briefings and repeating conspiracy theories created by Putin. I bet he never imagined he would be so successful, but he probably never imagined the GOP would become the traitor party either.

Dangerous, depressing and a serious national security risk.

And breaking tonight, which is a bombshell to an absolutely crazy week: Giuliani associate willing to tell Congress Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official to get dirt on Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics … index.html

So there it is. Nunes with all his accusations and finger pointing, doing everything in his power to discredit those coming forth to testify against Trump, also worked with Ukraine to get dirt on Biden. That mother fucker. He should be removed from the impeachment hearings immediately.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Giuliani is a dumpster fire. I Mean, can we impeach him of something?

No doubt he'll be in trouble soon enough.

Board footer