You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 1

AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I’m fascinated by what it was about the songs that Axl recorded vocals for and the ones that (at this point in time) were left instrumental. Like, what was it about Scraped that made him want to record vocals on vs. Quick Song, Soul Monster (later recorded), Prom Violence etc.

Pretty sure Soul Monster/Leave Me Alone did get vocals.

Why was it not on the album? Wasn't leaked.

Not sure on Prom Violence, but what's on these discs and what we heard weren't the only finished tracks.

We know Oklahoma was finished and if you believe msl... (tonto was too).

The General and others.

The album is basically just a collection of leaks that had been circulating for years with a few other tracks added to make up the numbers... to get it over with and leave room for another album. It's a real shame.

Of course it's highly likely a Dub Suplex never got finished, but for perspective... we never knew Perhaps or State of Grace even existed. These are tracks from the late 90s mixed in 2000. Not even a reference to them in interviews or articles ect.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I’m fascinated by what it was about the songs that Axl recorded vocals for and the ones that (at this point in time) were left instrumental. Like, what was it about Scraped that made him want to record vocals on vs. Quick Song, Soul Monster (later recorded), Prom Violence etc.

Pretty sure Soul Monster/Leave Me Alone did get vocals.

Why was it not on the album? Wasn't leaked.

Not sure on Prom Violence, but what's on these discs and what we heard weren't the only finished tracks.

We know Oklahoma was finished and if you believe msl... (tonto was too).

The General and others.

The album is basically just a collection of leaks that had been circulating for years with a few other tracks added to make up the numbers... to get it over with and leave room for another album. It's a real shame.

Of course it's highly likely a Dub Suplex never got finished, but for perspective... we never knew Perhaps or State of Grace even existed. These are tracks from the late 90s mixed in 2000. Not even a reference to them in interviews or articles ect.

isn't leave me alone from the 95 izzy sessions? and i hate to throw out theories but i think duff is on oklahoma. and we already did know about perhaps when msl gave us the 2010 album track listing along with tonto so it looks like the 2010 album was probably gonna be called 2010 intentions

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Yeah it's a head scratcher all around.

I'd like to see the progress of the material one year later. Stuff like Dub Suplex, Devious Bastard, Realdoll,etc. more than likely tossed aside, Oklahoma, Soul Monster, Sorry, Zodiac,etc.  are moved up the A List while something like Scraped is brought to the table.

Don't forget....by 2002 it's all ready....track sequencing, album cover,etc.

The whole thing imploded obviously and more work gets done but some form of CD was locked and loaded by 2002.

I always wanted to know the original tracklist for that 2002 album that never was and after hearing these sessions, I want to know even more.

No way in hell was it that 'leaks plus 3 bonus tracks' we got in 2008.

isn't leave me alone from the 95 izzy sessions? and

NO. Hell no.

I know some think it predates Bucket but he's all over it and the song title is clearly one of his.

i think duff is on oklahoma

I'm not willing to go there....yet....but I also lean towards this song's origins being from the 94-96 period and was built up from there. It may have a very odd combination of players on it.

I think Hardschool also originated from those 94-96 sessions.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Scraped to me is how they worked Bucket material. It seems like Costanzo and Axl worked some magic on it.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
wasted wrote:

Scraped to me is how they worked Bucket material. It seems like Costanzo and Axl worked some magic on it.

nah it seems caram and axl ruined it with horrible lyrics and horrible editing by caram. bucket and brain are what that song great instrumentally

Board footer