You are not logged in. Please register or login.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

Re: US Politics Thread

shutout52 wrote:

Where did I ever bring up the Democrats in any way? You're grasping at straws here.

Put a Democrat in office, have them do the same stuff, and I'll call them out as well.  I spent a good eight years doing exactly that-- drone wars, shitty QE policy, outright lies on the ACA, I could go on.

Try harder.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
shutout52 wrote:

Where did I ever bring up the Democrats in any way? You're grasping at straws here.

Put a Democrat in office, have them do the same stuff, and I'll call them out as well.  I spent a good eight years doing exactly that-- drone wars, shitty QE policy, outright lies on the ACA, I could go on.

Try harder.

Lol.  You accused me of being a trump apologist  and now you're following that up with telling me I'm grasping for straws?  Ironic at best.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Will the Republicans acquit Trump or is it Pence 2020?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Hillary was really good on the Stern show.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

If she had done more of that type of thing in 2016 .....

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

What about OJ Simpson for prez? The guys Twitter is off the chain.

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

And if she had a competent campaign.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

And if she had a competent campaign.

She's just doesn't have very good political instincts.  Funny part of this is that Bill was telling her to you have to go campaign in the rust belt and she goes and dumps money in Texas (a lost cause).  That plus she doesn't really inspire people (to vote).  On a basic level anyway.  Her "ceiling" was probably as a Senator or Cabinet member and there's no shame in that.

misterID

misterID wrote:

That Hillary would have beat Trump, along with listening to Bill. Kamala Harris campaign was Hillary bad. The youth obsession won't work for anyone not named Obama.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

That Hillary would have beat Trump, along with listening to Bill. Kamala Harris campaign was Hillary bad. The youth obsession won't work for anyone not named Obama.

We’ll see. Buttigieg is primed to capture the under 25 demographic that helped Obama. Though he’s not nearly as charismatic, the same “we have to elect a black president!” mindset easily can be changed to “we have to elect a gay president!” 

Seriously though, there will be foreign relations consequences for that. Middle Eastern and Latin American leaders have an image problem.

Board footer