You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

Re: It's happening.

PotatoSalad wrote:

We know there's all sorts of material from the various post-Slash lineups and Slash wasn't against playing Chinese Democracy songs.  Axl wasn't against singing Slither either, even though the man that previously sang it (RIP Mr. Weiland) said some pretty bad things about him.  They seem to be more open to ideas and compromising with each other.  Whether that would mean them coming up with new stuff together or reworking stuff they made separately I don't know. 

This is grasping at straws obviously, but Chinese Democracy was released during an election year.  2020 is an election year too.  If we don't get an album by say October or November 2020 then I'll be saying "They're not going to release a new album", but despite having been down this road several times where we thought we might get a new album because they were touring only not to get anything, I'm going to try to remain optimistic at least this one last time.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah schedule wise it’s never really seemed more feasible provided of course there has been some groundwork laid over the tour.

Of interest is Frank’s schedule. Now it may well be they are simply adding to already recorded stuff but it would be nice to have the bones of at least some of this record cut like the old days - drums, bass and guitars.

The rumours Axl redid vocals are encouraging

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Once they drop a single then that new Axl/Slash Song moment is over, so when album drops media won’t be as interested. It all has to happen in a two week window.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
wasted wrote:

Once they drop a single then that new Axl/Slash Song moment is over, so when album drops media won’t be as interested. It all has to happen in a two week window.

You could be right .... but I think as long as its something  moderately catchy they can't go too far wrong ...

Album lives or dies on artistic merits predominantly for me

wasted

wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
wasted wrote:

You could be right .... but I think as long as its something  moderately catchy they can't go too far wrong ...

Well, most of the forums are of wealth and taste but I’m talking about tricking the masses into all buying the new album in the same two week window. Mobilize the market so Guns can be No 1 on the Billboard charts. Then we can all get our bike shorts and Axl converse out of the closet. We been languishing in the shadows for too long, we will have our day in the sun. Green Day better duck.

wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
wasted wrote:

Well, most of the forums are of wealth and taste but I’m talking about tricking the masses into all buying the new album in the same two week window. Mobilize the market so Guns can be No 1 on the Billboard charts. Then we can all get our bike shorts and Axl converse out of the closet. We been languishing in the shadows for too long, we will have our day in the sun. Green Day better duck.

yeah cmon axl we believe in you man get that new album it will be so fucking cool i just know it will

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

wasted wrote:

Yup, the second Axl says "This is from our new album..." on stage it'll spread round the internet like wildfire. They have to be ready to move straightaway. Actually coming up with a coherent promo plan, like normal bands do, would go a long way towards eliminating the sour taste left by the fiasco that was Chinese Democracy's release.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

"This is from our new album..."
I even got goose bumps thinking about it.

wasted

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
wasted wrote:

Yup, the second Axl says "This is from our new album..." on stage it'll spread round the internet like wildfire. They have to be ready to move straightaway. Actually coming up with a coherent promo plan, like normal bands do, would go a long way towards eliminating the sour taste left by the fiasco that was Chinese Democracy's release.

What is a basic promo plan these days?
Single on iTunes, do they do a video? Or is streamed on FB? Would I get it via Apple Music?

I was listening to Body Count’s Blood Lust album. I only just realized it was out. 2 years late.

wasted

wasted wrote:
vipicius wrote:

"This is from our new album..."
I even got goose bumps thinking about it.

“ This is from the new album...you’ve probably already heard it”

Board footer