You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: It's happening.

Sky Dog wrote:

Who knows...he’s a live wire, no insulation!

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Sometimes crazy makes sense.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I'm seeing people conclusively state that parts were redone on Shadow - has this been confirmed/proven? If so, what parts?

I tend to think it has been touched up - it sounds fresher and more modern, and that is not just the mix/master... although that could be my ears deceiving me

At any rate - it sounds great and if they could keep a similar sound for the rockier numbers on the new album I'll be a happy camper

wasted

wasted wrote:

I thought it was “remastered”

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I'm seeing people conclusively state that parts were redone on Shadow - has this been confirmed/proven? If so, what parts?

I tend to think it has been touched up - it sounds fresher and more modern, and that is not just the mix/master... although that could be my ears deceiving me

At any rate - it sounds great and if they could keep a similar sound for the rockier numbers on the new album I'll be a happy camper

The official word is that it's a genuine AFD recording newly remixed and remastered.
Some fans are not buying it..

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

The official word is that it's a genuine AFD recording newly remixed and remastered.
Some fans are not buying it..

I didn't buy it from the first listen. Of course no one yet has put the two side by side or layered them atop one another to see if they match up. To me it sounds like new guitars for sure.

I'm not an audiophile/expert so I'm a little out of my depth.

Kinglaoi
 Rep: 0 

Kinglaoi wrote:

I remember the looks I was getting off people at the London gig in 02 when I was singing along to the blues (it'll always be known as the blues for me) it was damned funny

Kinglaoi wrote:

I remember the looks I was getting off people at the London gig in 02 when I was singing along to the blues (it'll always be known as the blues for me) it was damned funny

yep stupid casuals look at you like your stupid when they are actually the stupid ones

wasted

wasted wrote:

Didn’t Steven say something about Shadow, that that wasn’t his drumming?

Vale

Vale wrote:
wasted wrote:

Didn’t Steven say something about Shadow, that that wasn’t his drumming?

He did, but somehow I still doubt that they really went through the trouble to properly re-record that recording. Some touch-ups sure, but the whole thing...

Board footer