You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

Sky Dog wrote:

And Estranged and Locomotive....answer is no.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42

Sky Dog wrote:

Real question is can they even beat TWAT? axl 21

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Sacrilege!!! There Was A Time is up there with Estranged for me. Well the demo leaked in 06 at least.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

Their last Twitter post had me a little hopeful, but that just turned out to be them showing they were about to perform.  Some of the first responses to it said what we've been thinking.  I'm still going to be hopeful that we get something new this year.  It wasn't right towards the beginning of 2008 that they announced Chinese Democracy was coming out, but we got it come Fall.

And I'm being absolutely serious when I say this, I wish they'd release Rock The Rock for download.  I'm tired of having to keep going to Youtube to hear it.  Even if we get no new GNR album this year that's the very least they could do.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I think something will be released. To be fair, we did the lead up to Coachella in the beginning, and I have written off previous years prior to this year or album releases, so I am not a romantic when it comes to these things.

I think the interviews last year alone, the not written off comment by Fernando on reddit, Hard School on the alt setlist, the new chapter thing, the confidence of filling 60000 stadia this year is enough to assume there is something afoot. There has to be

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would have thought if they want to keep touring then they will need to do something to refresh the audience and keep them coming, otherwise I imagine numbers would slowly dwindle.

Releasing some new music then starting the whole tour cycle again seems logical. If they don't want to do that then I would suggest an AFD 5 lineup and tour would be an option that would allow them to tour and still keep strong crowd numbers.

That said if I was them I would leave the AFD 5 tour as the ace up my sleeve in the event the public goes cold on GNR again and/or new music flops.  This would give them one last substantial bite of the cherry.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Well can this line up make an album better than CD? It’s a challenge songwriting wise. Slash and Duff bring the GNR sound back but can they top UYI or will it just sound old. I think them working on CD era stuff is a great idea. Slash reworking Better showed that. Even UYI had detractors luckily Axl forced them to do Nov Rain and Estranged.

wasted

wasted wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I think something will be released. To be fair, we did the lead up to Coachella in the beginning, and I have written off previous years prior to this year or album releases, so I am not a romantic when it comes to these things.

I think the interviews last year alone, the not written off comment by Fernando on reddit, Hard School on the alt setlist, the new chapter thing, the confidence of filling 60000 stadia this year is enough to assume there is something afoot. There has to be

Playing Hardschool Live is most likely. I think the opposite is possible, full stadiums equals no need for record. There’s no rush anyway. They’ve done enough. You can’t make it twice. They will always open with Jungle, play Nov Rain somewhere in the middle and close with Paradise City, play the hits. Atlas maybe has a touch of magic but I don’t hear a smash hit obviously that’s going to take GNR to another level, they already at the top. It’s more about maintaining it, enjoying it, legacy. And legacy is more UYI box set than another record. Another record needs to be a Next level classic to really impact. I mean it’s possible...but the stars must align.

wasted

wasted wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would have thought if they want to keep touring then they will need to do something to refresh the audience and keep them coming, otherwise I imagine numbers would slowly dwindle.

Releasing some new music then starting the whole tour cycle again seems logical. If they don't want to do that then I would suggest an AFD 5 lineup and tour would be an option that would allow them to tour and still keep strong crowd numbers.

That said if I was them I would leave the AFD 5 tour as the ace up my sleeve in the event the public goes cold on GNR again and/or new music flops.  This would give them one last substantial bite of the cherry.

I think this is the basic model. But they never try that hard. If it’s not working they will just walk away. That’s what is cool about them. They are there for the right reasons even if they fuck it up as usual.

I don’t think they are hurting for money, well I hope not. Playing Hardschool or Izzy guesting pick up the slack.

Also the new music will flop compared to the 90s sales. I don’t even see how you can have a successful album anymore. Most streamed? There’s no chopper video money surely? There’s 5-10 years of touring attached to a great record. But is it a bridge too far?

They are just the new Stones touring juggernaut. Maybe they will put out their Voodoo Lounge album. One more epic over the top album.

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:
wasted wrote:

They will always open with Jungle, play Nov Rain somewhere in the middle and close with Paradise City,

When is the last the opened with Jungle.
Everytime I saw NITL Tour they opened with Its So Easy, same with everytime I saw the AFD Tour.

I think Chin Dem tours are the last time they may have opened with WTTJ.

Board footer