You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Best Of The 2010's

PaSnow wrote:

New decade, few days late but what would you say are the best releases of the 2010s?   Movies, songs, TV, albums, books, car?  Anything that comes to mind.

Mine, with a mix of favorite &/or popularity:
TV show - Game of Thrones or Walking Dead. Breaking Bad was great but only half of it took place in this decade, otherwise, that's a pretty tough fight.
Movie - That's tough, I don't think there was one that blew us away. The Departed, or Saving Private Ryan type. I might go with The Force Awakens, even tho it had alot of flaws, it just set records & ultimately lived up to the hype. (Personally I think I like Rogue One better as a standalone movie).  Wolf Of wall Street was great, and I liked Flight alot.
Song - Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran I guess. Pure popularity, Despacito.
Album - That's really tough, I don't follow them or buy them. Totally a pop star decade, I might go Taylor Swifts from 2016ish when she had a ton of hits. Someone said Fun. 2012 album was good, although I'm not sure it was best of decade good. Some Nights held up really well as a song.
Car - Tesla. I do like Dodge Challengers alot tho.
App - Pokemon go knocked it out of the park that one summer, 2017?. Instagram is probably the more popular social media, although I just don't dig it. Uber is probably the one that changed society the most.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Bumping. Anyone else?

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Wolf of Wall Street
True Detective
The Pale King
Dodge Dynasty
KFC app

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I don't know modern music, so I'll say World on Fire
The Irishman (may be too new), so I'll say End Game
Game of Thrones easily, but everyone should check out The Leftovers
Chevy Camaro - the 2010 is what brought back pony cars and got us over 400hp again
Tinder - App revolutionized dating and it's how i met my fiance

wasted

wasted wrote:

I have to pick an app? Damn it’s like having a job. I use the KFC app everyday.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
wasted wrote:

You can do whatever you want in this thread.

Didn't know kfc had an app, i havent eaten there in gosh, 15 years i bet. Actually pretty funny tho, a kfc app.

Flagg didnt know u were engaged. Congrats. How was tinder? I always felt too old for it, possibly it diversified over the years. I did match & craigslist years ago and just seemed like constant dinner dates, me buying a rando a meal. Gave up and hardly dated or looked the last 10ish years, although some of that i was in a funk financially & with work.

Randall Flagg

Thanks. Tinder is interesting. It’s primarily a hookup site, and if you have your shit together, you can fuck on demand. But that ain’t me, I was never comfortable with one night stands. Probably my Presbyterian upbringing. So I used it to find women that were open to more than just sex, and the rest is history. I think bumble is better. Just be a decent person, and you’ll find plenty of attractive, successful women willing to meet for coffee/a drink and conversation.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks. Even for 40+ guys?  Not looking for a 21 yr old, but just a way for a casual meeting once in a while. I never get out anymore ??

Randall Flagg

I’m in my late 30s and never struggled to find a date. Bumble I think is a better shot, and I’ve heard Coffee meets Bagel is nice. I’m sure there’s plenty of late 30s, early 40s gals all over any of those. Give it a shot.

wasted

wasted wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
wasted wrote:

You can do whatever you want in this thread.

Didn't know kfc had an app, i havent eaten there in gosh, 15 years i bet. Actually pretty funny tho, a kfc app.

Flagg didnt know u were engaged. Congrats. How was tinder? I always felt too old for it, possibly it diversified over the years. I did match & craigslist years ago and just seemed like constant dinner dates, me buying a rando a meal. Gave up and hardly dated or looked the last 10ish years, although some of that i was in a funk financially & with work.

There is a KFC app but it keeps timing out. So I like to send complaints to them about it. That’s one of my hobbies at the moment. Harassing KFC about their useless app.

Board footer