You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:

They are mainly reworking Axl songs.

I was really hoping we were going to get some Fortus/Slash co-written stuff, but oh well.

They will be some, Fortus already said he was working on an old Slash riff (Hardschool).
I expect a lot of stuff we’ve heard of but re-done somehow. Atlas will be at Catcher levels but maybe with Slash on solo duties.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'm also hoping we get a few Fortus solos dotted through the album. Slash seems a lot more willing to share solos with Fortus live than he ever has with other rhythm guitarists, so I'm optimistic.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I was really hoping we were going to get some Fortus/Slash co-written stuff, but oh well.

I've heard early 2019 it was basically Axl material (think 1998 onwards) plus 2 or 3 left overs from the 95-96 sessions that were even mentioned by Fortis before.

Something like 80-20.

No idea how reliable this is but seems to meet sp1at  statement

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
sp1at wrote:

They will be some, Fortus already said he was working on an old Slash riff (Hardschool).
I expect a lot of stuff we’ve heard of but re-done somehow. Atlas will be at Catcher levels but maybe with Slash on solo duties.

Fortus didn't mention Hardschool, you're post is misleading. We have no indication nor we have any evidence Hardschool was an old band material.

As far as we know it's a ChinDem era song.

wasted

wasted wrote:
otto wrote:
wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Fortus didn't mention Hardschool, you're post is misleading. We have no indication nor we have any evidence Hardschool was an old band material.

Fortus definitely said he was working on a Slash origin riff before the reunion happened.

I meant to put a question mark by HS as that has some Jackie Chan potential. But who knows what Fortus was talking about. Tommy also said things about when he came in they working on old band material. Fortus said older stuff was now in the mix not just CD era stuff.

But overall we know Fortus has been working on material for years. I feel like he should’ve been grilled more in interviews about what he says. Dizzy was saying they close to release in 2016. I assume some work had been done past what we may have heard. Fortus seemed to be in the loop for that, whereas Dj did stuff off to the side like Ron did.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
otto wrote:
wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Hardschool sounds nothing like Slash riffing. That’s just speculation that it’s a Slash riff right Otto

wasted

wasted wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
otto wrote:
wasted wrote:

Hardschool sounds nothing like Slash riffing. That’s just speculation that it’s a Slash riff right Otto

It’s really just the only song it could be at this point. It pure speculation as far as I know. But HS does have that legit GNR sound feel. Tbh it doesn’t sound unlike the Dirty little thing riff, so saying it’s not Sash is misleading. Is it Finck? Who is it?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Sounds like Bucket to me on HS.

Sky Dog wrote:

You don’t really know who exactly is playing on any of those tracks. Period. End of discussion. 100% speculation on everyone’s part. Who cares? It was one big swampy quagmire clusterfuck from 1994 until 2008. 50 guitarists in and out of the mix. And, I hate to break it to you, but best bet is that Slash and Duff will just add more mystery and questions to the mixes. Clusterfuck then and likely a clusterfuck now. axl

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m for whatever it takes to make the song sound good. hmm

Board footer