You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

Sky Dog wrote:

Always an excuse....never fails. As stated before, no changes on the new music front with the addition of Slash and Duff. None.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Slash with Guitar.com

The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.
“Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Yeah, make a record and go old school’. And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!’” I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

Translation: Nobody under 35 buys fucking music anymore... Why would we waste time with that when bovines and boomers are paying $200 bucks a head to see a broad way tier performance... and that's all these legacy rock tours  are nowadays.  Worse than CATS.... Oy fuck'n vey

Srsly though... What is the point of releasing new material?? Do you think that will attract even more fans?? and sell more tickets to a very popular world tour??  I mean, who the fuck doesn't already know who this band is??

Lastly... rock as a commercially viable source of huge profits for (((labels))) is long dead.  Look at the numbers(physical retail and tour stats) of any act that is not 15+ years old....  Shit... can you even name a semi known rock band that was formed since 2005?

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

Other artists continue to release albums in 2020.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I don't see Slash's response as negative, it's just a bit garbled, but it was an article on guitars.

He states there is material, and there is no official release date yet. I think they are at a point where they are just figuring out when to release new material and how to do it, which every band does. And that is where I would expect them to be at right now if they were finishing up recording after the last tour.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I suspect the record company has a lot to do with this - the band make most of there money through tours but the rc will want to milk new music for all its worth...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Ironic that for years the rc were a blocker - now they have what they wanted (reunion) but maybe struggling to know how to capitalise on it

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Ironic that for years the rc were a blocker - now they have what they wanted (reunion) but maybe struggling to know how to capitalise on it

Slash is right though, it is different now. People use social media to promote music, not really a GN'R thing.

As you said, CD was affected by the record company, and the Best Buy deal was all about making the money back they put into the recording costs.

UYI had Terminator 2

How does GN'R release a new record and stand out, especially in a year when a lot of bands are releasing albums. The forum fans will just want the band to release an album, but it does have to capture the attention of casual fans.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's just Slash sounding like Slash, tbh.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
benny wrote:

And 99% of them range somewhere between mediocre and total embarrassment

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
benny wrote:

And 99% of them range somewhere between mediocre and total embarrassment

I've resigned myself to the fact that i am past my formative years and no music released now will compare to anything i listened to in my youth lol

Board footer