You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Which tracks do we think Buckethead is or isn't on from the disks?

AtariLegend wrote:

So which tracks do we think Bucket is or isn't on. Keep in mind the March mixes are all pretty unlikely, given he only met Axl a few months prior.

Tracks Buckethead is certainly on:

Quick Song (Disk)
Shankler's Revenge
I'm Sorry
Dub Suplex
Madagascar
Hardschool

Tracks Buckethead is probably on:

Silkworms
If the World
Zodiac 13
Mustache
Tonto
Devious Bastard

Tracks Buckethead is probably not on:

Chinese Democracy
There Was A Time
Prostitute
The Blues
I.R.S.
Eye on You
State of Grace
Three Dollar Pyramid
Goin' Down
Tommy Demo#1
Oklahoma
Me and My Elvis
D Tune
Curly Shuffle

Tracks Buckethead is certainly not on:

Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Catcher in the Rye
P.R.L./Thyme
As It Began
Quick Song (RM2)
Billionare

??????

Real Doll.com
Dummy
Nothing
Circus Maximus
The Rebel
Prom Violence
Inside Out
Ryiad and the Bedouins

Just my thoughts, I'm looking to be convinced otherwise.

AtariLegend wrote:

So which tracks do we think Bucket is or isn't on. Keep in mind the March mixes are all pretty unlikely, given he only met Axl a few months prior.

Tracks Buckethead is certainly on:

Quick Song (Disk)
Shankler's Revenge
I'm Sorry
Dub Suplex
Madagascar
Hardschool
Ryiad and the Bedouins

Tracks Buckethead is probably on:

Silkworms
If the World
Zodiac 13
Mustache
Tonto
Devious Bastard

Tracks Buckethead is probably not on:

Chinese Democracy
There Was A Time
Prostitute
The Blues
I.R.S.
Eye on You
State of Grace
Three Dollar Pyramid
Goin' Down
Tommy Demo#1
Oklahoma
Me and My Elvis
D Tune
Curly Shuffle

Tracks Buckethead is certainly not on:

Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Catcher in the Rye
P.R.L./Thyme
As It Began
Quick Song (RM2)
Billionare

??????

Real Doll.com
Dummy
Nothing
Circus Maximus
The Rebel
Prom Violence
Inside Out

Just my thoughts, I'm looking to be convinced otherwise.

that sounds about right but atlas would be proud of that list

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Buckethead is certainly on Prom Violence. That's a Giant Robot Production jam. Hell....the song title itself is a dead giveaway that it's Bucket. He's a horror movie fanatic and prom violence is a reference to Carrie.

I know people disagree for some reason and I agree the dates on the discs are iffy but Soul Monster is definitely Bucket. He's the only person in the band to ever compose songs of that nature. If it's not him, someone like Steve Vai secretly recorded with the band.

He's not on the 2000 Intentions Riad....yet is clearly on Madagascar. Weird.

Oklahoma a major head scratcher....

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Buckethead is certainly on Prom Violence. That's a Giant Robot Production jam. Hell....the song title itself is a dead giveaway that it's Bucket. He's a horror movie fanatic and prom violence is a reference to Carrie.

I know people disagree for some reason and I agree the dates on the discs are iffy but Soul Monster is definitely Bucket. He's the only person in the band to ever compose songs of that nature. If it's not him, someone like Steve Vai secretly recorded with the band.

He's not on the 2000 Intentions Riad....yet is clearly on Madagascar. Weird.

Oklahoma a major head scratcher....

I personally would have expected a big Buckethead solo on the finished Elvis. It is a track we know got the TWAT treatment later on with Beltrami and multiple name changes. I honestly don't think it's him unless the dates a typo. It is mix number 10 after all, which means they came up with this track in a few weeks from scratch or altered an older track in a short amount of time to fit in Bucket.

My assumption is that titles that have #(NUMBER) beside them, means how many mixes previously there are of the demo in question. I assume "Ver. 1" for example means that it's the first version of the song they were happy with. Which explains why RM. Chinese Democracy says it, despite being late 2000. Unless Version.1 means the first RTB mix, which would just make this even more of a confusing mess.

My assumption would still make it possible for Circus to possibly be Ides, despite the date and saying Version 1.

Another thing, I think's it's a shame to that from uncompleted instrumentals that ended up on the album, we only have I'm Sorry and Three Dollar Pyramid. It would have been interesting see how the direction went on at least a few other tracks when Axl finally added vocals.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

if bucket isn't on me & my elvis, it's fucking insane. axl's band was basically composing buckethead songs before he even entered the band!

a version of this with a buckethead solo and vocals = holy grail imo.

Board footer