You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

sp1at wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Welp, new dates for USA announced now. The window for a new album to promote this tour is shrinking - basically before March, right?

No

The SA dates appear to be irrelevant. I think they will sell because they are rearranged based on the previous tour because they were part of that, but they are not anymore, if that makes any sense. They will use the dates as a basis going forward. I would not be surprised to see an extra couple of SA dates at the end of the tour after the Australia+ dates are announced. This is not based on any fact, just experience for those that know me.

As I posted before, there has to be new material or a very big new perspective. Tickets are selling as I expected, but LN are not daft and they are also not talking. So, the SA dates and the time around this period will dictate the tour beyond it. The US stadium dates represent a big expectation and statement in a saturated market.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Slash is talking album cycles for GN'R and his own projects, back and forth. This year represents Slash's expectations, the one year tour.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’ve wondered about that. Slash is only committing this year to GN’R. But what if their new album comes out and it’s a big hit, which would mean GN’R would demand him to devote more than just this year to promote it?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

And that’s also a very big if, that is IF there is a new album, and IF it actually comes out.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

And that’s also a very big if, that is IF there is a new album, and IF it actually comes out.

He is expecting a new album, that is from the recent concert

Next cycle could be the UYI thing mentioned ages ago, but long way off, not sure on that

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’ve wondered about that. Slash is only committing this year to GN’R. But what if their new album comes out and it’s a big hit, which would mean GN’R would demand him to devote more than just this year to promote it?

I think as long as GNR is touring at around this level Slash will stay put. The money is so good it has them all chasing it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

C'mon.  Of course he stays on. Is this a serious question?

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Next cycle could be the UYI thing mentioned ages ago, but long way off, not sure on that

What UYI thing? 20

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
sp1at wrote:

What UYI thing? 20

UYI boxset?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
sp1at wrote:

What UYI thing? 20

The UYI thing was mentioned historically as a theme for the next tour. It was mentioned to one of the SA promoters last year.

Board footer