You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

If I were running against Trump I'd go at him with, yeah, the economy is good, and after three years he deserves credit... But we're headed for a wall. Paul Ryan spent his career trying to destroy entitlements but couldn't do it. He finally did it with the tax cut. Trump has no answer for when we hit the wall and will gut SS and Medicare. They stimulated a healthy economy with tax cuts they can't pay for. We're headed for a wall.

People have been predicting the wall annually and it hasn’t happened yet. I’m no economist, so my opinion means dick. Eventually the economy will go down, but SS and medicare aren’t going to collapse under Trump’s term(s). I’d assume the election of people advocating the end of fossil fuels would cause a sudden dip moreso than anything on the 5 year horizon.

Massive government debt is a catalyst as big as any for a recession no?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Now he’s intervening on Flynn...what a joke....overt corruption

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Really, I have zero interest in that stuf. We can't act like this is new or even really that egregious compared to controversies and the abuse of power of other presidencies. He can pardon them anyway, it's a presidents right, means absolutely nothing, imho. The sudden outrage and "fear for democracy" over this is silly. Go back in history, even recent history, this is tantamount to bribing an officer with football tickets to get out of a parking ticket... If even that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really, I have zero interest in that stuf. We can't act like this is new or even really that egregious compared to controversies and the abuse of power of other presidencies. He can pardon them anyway, it's a presidents right, means absolutely nothing, imho. The sudden outrage and "fear for democracy" over this is silly. Go back in history, even recent history, this is tantamount to bribing an officer with football tickets to get out of a parking ticket... If even that.

I don’t think it’s quite the same. I mean Christ....Rush Limbaugh just received the medal of freedom.

Why Avenneti has to face justice while these other creeps are receiving privileges doesn’t sit right with me. Why do some creeps get the hammer and others don’t?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Well, Avenetti stole money from clients, including a disabled man who was devastated by the theft of his MILLION dollar settlement, not to mention bank fraud, wire fraud, and you know, extortion. Stone was convicted of lying to Congress, which they rarely enforce, a lot of folks on MSNBC and CNN crying about this actually lied before Congress and nothing happened to them. Flynn's lie was so minor no one thought he should be prosecuted, including Peter Strzok(!) who thought it was an honest mistake.

Rush got a meaningless medal.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I can't believe how this is going, and I can't believe I'm saying it, but if the rumors are true and Bloomberg announces Hillary as his VP here soon, it's over. Bloomberg gets the nomination.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can't believe how this is going, and I can't believe I'm saying it, but if the rumors are true and Bloomberg announces Hillary as his VP here soon, it's over. Bloomberg gets the nomination.

I always held out belief Hillary was going to enter the race herself. Although, I think just the rigorous schedule she was holding out to enter as late as possible (ie. Soon, I wouldn't see her running a 3rd party campaign). Running as a VP would fit & solve the workload problem, while still breaking ground as being the first female VP being an achievement. Hadn't heard this rumor although I googled it. Not sure what to say, both are mostly NYC candidates & both are over 70 (Bloomberg is still with it at 78 compared to Joe, however 78s very old for a first term President). Trump (and Republicans) would also try to bash their lack of military experience, which is funny, considering Trump bashed our military POWs.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The rumor is he'll resign in his first term.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If that happens it will be a repeat of 2016 with Bernie supporters staying home...can you imagine how pissed they would be?

Oh, and Bloomberg won't survive a year in the role if by some miracle he wins.  He'll fall to the Clinton Curse.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Berne bros are going to do that anyway, so why not? That's their thing.

This time, though, people aren't going to take it for granted that Trump will lose. Still, it's his election to lose. And I'll never underestimate Trump's ability to be a fuck up.

Board footer