You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: NA Dates going up on facebook for 2020

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

There has to be something to be selling these shows.... pretty confident still that it's a new album

Do you mean as in 'Guns & Promoters pitching the shows to sell them?' or 'Customer buying tickets & having faith a new albums coming'?  Cause I'll tell you, outside of the boards I think most FB followers & comments I've read only wanna sett AFD & UYI. CD just seems like a side project/solo album Axl did that they heard 1 or 2 songs on the radio from. They have little insider knowledge.

There are 37 albums completed in Axls poop closet.

Soon is the word.

Sky Dog wrote:

Wttj
Scom
Patience
Civil War
You Could Be Mine
November Rain
Paradise City

Show over...go home.
axl21duff

(exit music Sloop John B)

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I think that the GN'R name/nostalgia tour thing is still an easier sell to the general public than we, the diehards, think it is. We sit here whinging that "they've only added one song to the setlist" or "they're still playing Wichita Lineman" or whatever. But 90% of people don't give a shit; their mate went to see GN'R last year and was all "OMG it was amazing, Axl and Slash are back together," so they figure, "fuck it, I'll buy a ticket this time around."

Demonstrably they're not selling these shows on the promise of a new album, because the vast majority of the wider public (the people actually buying the tickets) don't know that there's a new album coming.

Sky Dog wrote:

Even if there is a new album out, the only song they will want to hear is the new single. 10

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Even if there is a new album out, the only song they will want to hear is the new single. 10

I think you meant to say "the only song they'll want to PLAY is the new single"
smile

Sky Dog wrote:

I am thinking this tour may get cancelled or scaled back to arenas in some markets.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am thinking this tour may get cancelled or scaled back to arenas in some markets.

Because coronavirus or something else?

Sky Dog wrote:

Probably combo of corona and ticket sales. Your boy Justin Bieber just scaled back his stadium tour. big_smile

AtariLegend wrote:

At the current rate, it'd actually be shocking imo if there wasn't a scale back (or at least a forced one). The only benefit to touring in the next several months is having cover (if tickets don't sell out) with this thing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe a cancelled tour will give them the time to finish the damn album

Board footer