You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

It might be better if the numbers go up because you'll finally get a grip on how many actually have it.

Just found out I know someone who has it... I'm not in personal contact but that sucks.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
jonesy wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Honestly, I've been reluctant to share that information given past experiences here...

I own a business that provides therapy to children with autism. An experimental therapy that actually proved so effective that private insurance companies started covering it.

This therapy actually teachers young children to speak and develop when development isn't occurring naturally.

You have my respect for being involved in that.....and I sincerely hope you can continue in some shape or form. Good luck.

I agree. So were you more from a psychiatry/psychology background, or accounting/business?  Just wondering,

I've been terrible with the business/finance side of things in general life & attempts of getting side ventures going.

I have a couple degrees in clinical psychology and the theories of learning. It led me to child development and then hyper specialized in developmental disorders. 

I know just enough about business and finance to get by...but the amazing crew of people that I have under me motivate me to take care of them so I had to learn. And learn I did, I guess.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ok, no just curious.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

It might be better if the numbers go up because you'll finally get a grip on how many actually have it.

Just found out I know someone who has it... I'm not in personal contact but that sucks.

Ughh, any word on them?  They gettin by?

What would suck living thru it but knowing someone who passes and that you're sure you passed it on to them.  (Not you, them i guess. Hypothetically)

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Ok, no just curious.

Ok no...curious about what?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Oh, no, ur business. I know someone who'a brother i think sells medical equipment .  Said he's just really good at making the accounting of it work. Fixed d Assets, cost of goods sold etc.  Then once he has a system, take a loan out and scale it. Then take a greater loan out & scale.

Cant say how he's doing today, but he said his brother was just a business type and could make anything work (fast food, car dealership etc)

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Hope everyone is doing ok and getting through this. I fear we are in for some tough times.

Reality is starting to bite in the UK I think, this will be a long haul.

I speak with hospital Dr's as part of my day to day job and they are worried, plans are in place to turn canteens in to make shift wards when the worst of it hits. Sort of feel like we're sat in the path of a hurricane just waiting. The UK's trajectory is currently a worse curve than Italy's at the same point, we are just around 2-3 weeks behind them.

I think it's very hard to not see some of these measures as an over reaction until the worst hits and then people will wish more was done. I saw an interview with someone a couple of days ago who said the issue is wherever you think you are with a situation like this you are always 7-10 days behind where you actually are. Therefore you need to over react just to have a chance of being in step with it.

Have a feeling this could be a 12-18 month process of waves of this that get slowed then when people return to normal it builds again. I fear that a peaks and troughs curve will continue until a good vaccine is rolled out.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Oh, no, ur business. I know someone who'a brother i think sells medical equipment .  Said he's just really good at making the accounting of it work. Fixed d Assets, cost of goods sold etc.  Then once he has a system, take a loan out and scale it. Then take a greater loan out & scale.

Cant say how he's doing today, but he said his brother was just a business type and could make anything work (fast food, car dealership etc)

I accounting is easy when you figure out the US treasury is just a big pot of money for businesses to take...I believe that's what people mean when they refer to corporate welfare. If you can get creative and show a loss even when there wasn't one...you get a big refund check from the government.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So...the only subject I'm interested in beyond this going away is how this stimulus package is going to play out.  I know some won't care about this, but since the political thread is back to being childish, perhaps the discussion can go a more productive route here.

As expected, the Senate plan is okay for regular people, but heavily leaning towards benefiting business.  Pelosi made a couple comments along the lines of not allowing corporations to use this to pay executives or buy back stock, which I agree with wholeheartedly (though I don't know how you enforce it).  I'd also like to see more money going to regular people over corporations.  I'd like to see small businesses get protection over large corporations.  There have been economic challenges in the past, but this one specifically is hurting small businesses and employees of those small businesses.  People working at restaurants are taking a beating even if the restaurant managed to stay open.  Some that tried to stay open are already closing 2 days later.  THOSE are the people that need help.

I don't know that we'd qualify for anything at the numbers I've heard...currently not a big deal, but my wife works for a small company and I'm not sure they are going to emerge from this if it drags out too long.  We do okay, but we're not rich and losing her income wouldn't make us homeless, but it would certainly cause some lifestyle changes.

Sky Dog wrote:

Same boat but my wife works for Marriott. She just got furloughed. Daughter is at UGA so I have college bills and a lease in Athens that have to be paid. We will survive but sharp lifestyle change in order which coincidentally coincides with not eating out as much.....and we eat out ALOT.

Board footer