You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: This just on Blabbermouth

DCK wrote:

To make this very short in this Axl vs Slash thing.

I bought Slash's Snakepit in 2000 and listened to it for a month.
I bought the first VR album and listened to it for 6 months
I never even bought Libertad

I've been listening to the GNR demos ever since they came out and I still do. I still listen to the new songs being played live going back to 2001 and I have no clue just how much I've played TWAT.

For me personally, whether or not how big of a Slash fan I am, I have to admit that I'm going with Axl. My Winamp playlist speaks for itself. Slash outside GNR never hit 100% home with me. Ever. Sad as it is.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

For me personally, whether or not how big of a Slash fan I am, I have to admit that I'm going with Axl.

another thing i dont understand..why do you have to pick a side? I'm not saying you have to like slash's material at all here...but personally for me they are 2 separate people and now in to totally separate bands and i enjoy both equally....its not about "sides"

that argument is mindboggling for me as well... 17 just cuz you like an artist that may have issues with another artist doesnt mean that its like a gang and you have to have 100% complete loyalty to one or the other

if someone can listen to the same songs day in day out for 20 years then ok cool...i cant...i'd go insane...i still dont understand how peopel can be listening to the leaks on a regular basis 2 years after they came out i'd poke my eyes out hearing the same song that many times 18

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

another thing i dont understand..why do you have to pick a side?

Taste.

If I didn't make myself clear I'm sorry.

I don't listen to the songs all the time. I haven't touched the Illusions album for years basically. I got tired of it. It goes around in circles basically. But I never touch the Slash stuff. Never.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

For me personally, whether or not how big of a Slash fan I am, I have to admit that I'm going with Axl.

another thing i dont understand..why do you have to pick a side? I'm not saying you have to like slash's material at all here...but personally for me they are 2 separate people and now in to totally separate bands and i enjoy both equally....its not about "sides"

For the same reason American Idol's a number one show.  Even though they're singing songs that if they came on the radio you'd break your arm trying to change the station in time.  People want something to root for, they want to be able to say their side's winning.  Whether it makes sense logically or not.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

another thing i dont understand..why do you have to pick a side?

Taste.

If I didn't make myself clear I'm sorry.

no you made yourself clear...but its not about picking sides...its just that you dont prefer that music... and thats fair enough big_smile

DCK wrote:

I don't listen to the songs all the time. I haven't touched the Illusions album for years basically. I got tired of it.

yet Slash was fantastic in Guns...but still you grew tired of it...fancy that....anyway anotehr point here...i am scared that by the time CD comes out that alot of people will be tired of the leaked tracks....pretty funny, the material is dated and old before its even out.

DCK wrote:

It goes around in circles basically. But I never touch the Slash stuff. Never.

yes it goes around in circles for sure....maybe you should spin that old Slash disk or the illusions...you may be surprised how great the material actually is I love 5 O'Clock its fucking brilliant, i dont care what anyone says slash is on top of his game in that...he was riding the high from the Illusion success and tour and the energy on that album is amazing

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

People want something to root for, they want to be able to say their side's winning.  Whether it makes sense logically or not.

i guess i can see that...but for me, if i wanna root for a side then i'll go watch football or something 16

I have to say the one thing I never bought into the Axl vs Slash bullshit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I have to say the one thing I never bought into the Axl vs Slash bullshit.

I never gave a shit about it either. I was always perplexed as to why Axl(and his hangers on) became so obsessed with the man. Then because of that, his fanbase has to split into these separate factions that argue/fight online, while they all watch and have middle men participate in the mudslinging.

Its bizarre.

In 2007, other than the tour, the biggest scrap of news was Beta rehashing the whole Slash/Weiland thing, which no one cared about. It had been discussed to death at all the forums a year prior to her statements.

Wow.

Board footer