You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bolton cut them, but you got to take responsibility for your crew. In Bolton's defense, it really did nothing that would have prevented this situation. Our stockpiling and preparation falls on all our past presidents. And China was taking all our medical supplies because we were dumb enough to get it from them. That's where it all went.

I'm pretty impressed how companies are jumping in and making this stuff. We need to stop depending on China making this shit from here on out.

I'm not sure how it falls on past presidents...we're stuck in this predicament where we want cheap shit and we want high paying jobs.

btw...the production of some of this medical equipment has severe health consequences in the communities they're creating in...irony for ya.

We had a very deadly swine flu outbreak and we should have stockpiled more supplies (made here). After the anthrax attacks, we should have started then.

I don't get the bottom line.

We're going to need more revenue. You can't cut your way out of this. Two billionaires have sat in the white house looking for ways to curb spending by slashing benefits for the poor already to address the debt. That's not going to work. They're gonna have to cut corporate welfare. We're gonna have to do a junk food tax. We're really going to have to get serious about healthcare and prescription drug costs. Address entitlements so they go to those who really need it... AND the Trump tax cuts need triggers.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bolton cut them, but you got to take responsibility for your crew. In Bolton's defense, it really did nothing that would have prevented this situation. Our stockpiling and preparation falls on all our past presidents. And China was taking all our medical supplies because we were dumb enough to get it from them. That's where it all went.

I'm pretty impressed how companies are jumping in and making this stuff. We need to stop depending on China making this shit from here on out.

I'm not sure how it falls on past presidents...we're stuck in this predicament where we want cheap shit and we want high paying jobs.

btw...the production of some of this medical equipment has severe health consequences in the communities they're creating in...irony for ya.

We had a very deadly swine flu outbreak and we should have stockpiled more supplies (made here). After the anthrax attacks, we should have started then.

We're going to need more revenue. You can't cut your way out of this. Two billionaires have sat in the white house looking for ways to curb spending by slashing benefits for the poor already to address the debt. That's not going to work. They're gonna have to cut corporate welfare. We're gonna have to do a junk food tax. We're really going to have to get serious about healthcare and prescription drug costs. Address entitlements so they go to those who really need it... AND the Trump tax cuts need triggers.

As far as i can tell some of these things were done and were either disbanded or discontinued by Trump after being considered government waste.

I agree with a lot of this...
But as far as entitlements are concerned they are already extremely restricted. My brother was on his deathbed and couldn’t qualify for Social Security.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Anyone worried about what the stimulus will do to an already terrible deficit?

I assume this just means more borrowing from China, right?

What do you want mitch?  You want to have everyone sit at home and completely destroy the economy potentially for years at the same time?  Something has to give...since you've been firmly in the stay at home crowd, you can't have it all. 

Why are you never grounded in any sort of reality and living these pipe dreams that sound so good on paper but never work in reality?  Fair question given this question and your Bernie love.  Yes, we'd all love people to stay at home for 6 months, then the economy is just reset and everything there is fine.  We'd all love that, but that's not based in reality.  We'd love a society where everybody has plenty and nobody ever needs anything, but that's not based in reality either.

I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about here again. I know the costs. Now I’m asking how we’re going to pay for it.

What are the costs associated with just moving on with life as though nothing is happening?

Please don’t think that the government is giving out the stimulus monies out of the goodness of its heart.

One interesting thing I’ve read is that There is a real concern about all of this is that boomers don’t return to the workforce permanently. I wonder what kind of affects that would have.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Imagine what will happen to our food supply if we keep destroying farms like we have been? You’ll be getting our food from China too

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

As far as i can tell some of these things were done and were either disbanded or discontinued by Trump after being considered government waste.

But as far as entitlements are concerned they are already extremely restricted. My brother was on his deathbed and couldn’t qualify for Social Security.

All I heard about was what Bolton did...

With SS, I read a great idea a long time ago that folks, let's say, are in 90-250k should have their SS cut in half, with the other half moved into an insurance account in case they need it later, and anyone over 250k it all goes to an insurance account. That way you can raise it for the poor who live on their SS.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Anyone worried about what the stimulus will do to an already terrible deficit?

I assume this just means more borrowing from China, right?

What do you want mitch?  You want to have everyone sit at home and completely destroy the economy potentially for years at the same time?  Something has to give...since you've been firmly in the stay at home crowd, you can't have it all. 

Why are you never grounded in any sort of reality and living these pipe dreams that sound so good on paper but never work in reality?  Fair question given this question and your Bernie love.  Yes, we'd all love people to stay at home for 6 months, then the economy is just reset and everything there is fine.  We'd all love that, but that's not based in reality.  We'd love a society where everybody has plenty and nobody ever needs anything, but that's not based in reality either.

I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about here again. I know the costs. Now I’m asking how we’re going to pay for it.

What are the costs associated with just moving on with life as though nothing is happening?

Please don’t think that the government is giving out the stimulus monies out of the goodness of its heart.

One interesting thing I’ve read is that There is a real concern about all of this is that boomers don’t return to the workforce permanently. I wonder what kind of affects that would have.

English buddy.  I'm sorry if it's too complicated for you, but it's the language we use here.  Every time you have no answer, you pull this same shit.  Answer the fucking question or admit that you're too idealistic to come up with actual solutions for anything.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

English buddy.  I'm sorry if it's too complicated for you, but it's the language we use here.  Every time you have no answer, you pull this same shit.  Answer the fucking question or admit that you're too idealistic to come up with actual solutions for anything.

Explicitly state a question and I’ll be happy to answer

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

All I heard about was what Bolton did...

With SS, I read a great idea a long time ago that folks, let's say, are in 90-250k should have their SS cut in half, with the other half moved into an insurance account in case they need it later, and anyone over 250k it all goes to an insurance account. That way you can raise it for the poor who live on their SS.

That is interesting...but how do you keep people who won’t benefit to stay engaged?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why are you never grounded in any sort of reality and living these pipe dreams that sound so good on paper but never work in reality?

3 questions mitchy.  Try giving 3 actual answers instead of deflecting or feigning retardation.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why are you never grounded in any sort of reality and living these pipe dreams that sound so good on paper but never work in reality?

3 questions mitchy.  Try giving 3 actual answers instead of deflecting or feigning retardation.

What do I want? I want this company i spent nearly my entire adult life building to exist in 12 months. I am firmly i that crowd of life over livelihood.

I think I'm plenty grounded given I've saved enough money to take care of my family for many months while enduring a shutdown.

I don't see a third question so I'll just feign retardation.

Board footer