You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Regardless of what he is as a person, I wouldn't wish ill on anyone.

It is pretty surreal.

I found the The Queen Speech earlier on quite emotional. She has given the big broadcast speech only 4 times before, the first of which was in 1940 during ww2. She really is ingrained in the countries history.

Worth saying since the lockdown, more and more people have been going out. Families out for walks and pensioners, groups ect.

This is not working.

What’s not working?

A lockdown where people are still allowed out to excerise.

It's being abused. More people outside than ever before, except they're not going to work.

I think this is a problem where people are following the letter of the law and not the sentiment.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It is pretty surreal.

I found the The Queen Speech earlier on quite emotional. She has given the big broadcast speech only 4 times before, the first of which was in 1940 during ww2. She really is ingrained in the countries history.

Worth saying since the lockdown, more and more people have been going out. Families out for walks and pensioners, groups ect.

This is not working.

What’s not working?

It's being abused. More people outside than ever before, except they're not going to work.

I have noticed more people out in the past few days than last week. Also more groups than before. Not good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It is pretty surreal.

This is not working.

What’s not working?

I had to go to the store yesterday and it was really ridiculous the people clustered together, thinking it was a big joke. I swear one kid was licking his fingers. The younger crowd is the big culprit. But I saw two ladies who had to be in their eighties angry they couldn't go eat inside a restaurant.

AtariLegend wrote:

Apparently Boris has been moved to intensive care.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Apparently Boris has been moved to intensive care.

sad

Get well soon, Boris.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Yikes...poor Boris...

Things like this will cause more panic.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This is an opinion piece, but I agree with most of it and it aligns with what I've been saying the whole time.  Somewhere we lost the balance.

https://www.am1100theflag.com/opinion/1 … SPaQ7M7cW8

I've gotten to the point where I feel that we've gone too far in playing it safe against the Coronavirus. Don't get me wrong. Some caution and personal responsibility are a good thing. But we are creating millions of people who sit at home shivering in fear as they lose their jobs, fitness, socialization and savings. There is a tremendous societal cost to this with the resulting addiction, suicide, hopelessness and isolation. These are harder to quantify but calls to suicide lines are up 3x. Read up on plasma and hydroxychloroquine. Great early results, and Cuomo said this morning that 20% of the ventilators in NY are sitting idle not being used. Most of us won't get it and if we do we won't know. If we DO get it, likely we'll get better. Listen to me. I'm not saying this is nothing. Never have. But you "all or nothings" out there have to realize there is a balance point here. 25% of small business people tell US Chamber they're on the verge of closing for good.

I'm biased here cause I'm in ownership but even if you hate small business owners, how about those who got a call last week saying your job is gone?

Unemployment? Please. That's no model for the dignity of doing your job well and won't make you whole financially.  If Walmart can be open today with spacing restrictions then so can Kohl's. Let gyms set up new schedules, max 10 people and close every hour to clean. Let restaurants open with space between tables. Let theaters sell half the tickets with chairs in between.

There are ways to do this responsibly. Losing lives is awful. But remember comorbidity. Many of those dying were dying from other things before this came along. Losing freedom, health, commerce, savings, and opportunity is awful too.   In a societal context, we understand we are part of a system. If I'm susceptible to something, I have the freedom to say don't come to visit me I might catch something or I might give it to you. In a free society we let the people make these decisions, not the government.  You also have the right to dig a hole in your backyard and jump in it where you have no risk. If you're scared to go out to eat then don't do it. When government limits your constitutional rights, you stand in a danger zone, and that's what is happening.

Not saying anyone has to agree with me. And there are good points on both sides. But we've swung the balance too far. New York Mills should not be run like New York City. We've set a new world record in playing it safe. We need to have something to come back to after this is over.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Copied this off of Facebook - a little crazy but some interesting points in between the excessive conspiracy...

________________________________________________________________________________

The coronavirus traveled all over the world from Wuhan China, but it did not reach Beijing or Shanghai or other major cities in China. Can anyone explain how is that possible?
There are so many questions, after all, where it all started, in China, the Chinese stock market did not collapse, but the American and European markets did, and when those markets collapsed, the Chinese bought a lot.
All roads lead back to China
1. They created a virus for which they already had an antidote.
2. They purposely spread the virus for financial gain.
3. There is a clear demonstration of efficiency to such an extent that they built hospitals in a few days. To build so many hospitals they had to be prepared with organized projects, for example, with the ordering of equipment, the hiring of labor, the water and sewerage network, the prefabricated building materials and the storage in an impressive volume.  Everything happened so fast that everyone was speechless.
4. They caused chaos in the world, beginning with Europe and the rest of the western worlds.
5. Quickly decimating the economies of dozens of countries.
6. Stop production and manufacturing lines in factories and primary production in dozens of countries.
7. Causing the stock markets to crash and then they bought stocks, bonds and companies at bargain prices.
8. They then quickly gained control of the epidemic in their country.  After all, they were ready and he was never really out of control.
9. In all this, they managed to lower the price of basic products, including the price of oil.
10. Now they are going back to mass production while the rest of the world is stopped.
Also note how quickly Chinese unions activated to "hoard" purchases of bus cargo to regional shopping centers across Australia, stripping our shelves of toilet paper and staple foods.
It happened before most of us knew what was happening, even before we knew what the Coronavirus was.

Sky Dog wrote:

Is it excessive or simple and eye opening? Fuck China.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Is it excessive or simple and eye opening? Fuck China.

If there's evidence of it, I'd love to see it.  I'm 100% behind fuck China, but I'm hesitant to get behind a random Facebook post as the reason to do so.  I posted this because I think there's something to some of it...not ready for the tin hat yet, but willing to listen if more gets uncovered to confirm this.

Board footer