You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Tony Montana Velvet Revolver Audition

-D- wrote:

If they pick this guy, their career as VR are done

Just like all the YouTube vids.

Hope these aren't the guys

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
UntiedLaces wrote:

OK,  so I listened to everyone else I could find on Youtube as auditions, and I still keep coming back to this guy. As far as old farts...I am pretty sure that he is quite a few years younger than Slash and Axl and Co. Why is he an old fart but Weiland? I think Johnny Cash used to say that it's not the years but the miles. He doesn't sound or look like an old fart to me, and who cares what band he was in before. I think at least he is a professional.  He sounds pretty good to me, and trust me , I am not an old fart! I guess its different strokes for different folks, as some would say. I give kudos to any of those guys for goin for it though. Who knows what Slash, Duff and Co. will do but this Tony Montana has got a voice and his version of Paradise is impresive in my opinion. He hits the notes and delivers.  So, I hope they make a good record, that would be cool.

It isn't that this guy is bad(he isn't), but as I'm sure you've noticed, he(and all the others) are getting a bad rap at every site these demos are being posted.

Why?

Because none of them really add anything to VR. They are all virtual unknowns, and people expect VR to be some huge spectacle. How can this guy possibly compete with Weiland? I think this is why people want someone like Kravitz or Cornell. Its no longer a supergroup when the singer isn't an A list type celeb.

Let's say VR did in fact pick this guy. There would be immediate negative reaction, but then when the reality of the situation has time to sink in, people would warm up to the possibility of new music.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

VR don't have to be a supergroup. Supergropurs rarely make good music, since mostly the names and not the product sells their records. Although I agree that none of these guys bring anything to the table that would make them better than Weiland. Yesterday I saw The Italian Job again and I have to say that Money was amazing. I hope they'll find the right guy who can sing, write lyrics and melodies and isn't an asshole. Tough job for them.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

i like very much Scott i think he was the perfect thing for the band these new guys are like weird 10

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

As mush as I dislike the direction Libertad took, no doubt Scott was a great choice for frontman for them. He was awesome live and I think the whole volatile fucked up druggie thing actually added an element of excitement, a bit like Axl's "will he or won't he turn up???" vibe.

I'm not so sure if what I just wrote above makes sense, but I agree, they need an A list singer to keep people interested. None of these guys that have auditioned have that.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As mush as I dislike the direction Libertad took, no doubt Scott was a great choice for frontman for them. He was awesome live and I think the whole volatile fucked up druggie thing actually added an element of excitement, a bit like Axl's "will he or won't he turn up???" vibe.

I'm not so sure if what I just wrote above makes sense, but I agree, they need an A list singer to keep people interested. None of these guys that have auditioned have that.

Do you know what's strange? That they don't learn from their own past. Slash tells in his book that when they were searching for the singer and tried out everyone, someone (maybe Nikki Sixx? I don't remember) told them to stop searching for an unknown talent, since they will not find a vocalist, just out of the blue, who is on their level. These guys are not on VR's level. Do the math. And call Linda Perry or Lenny 16

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Linda Perry would kick ass. Doesn't she still write songs for Pink these days?
If she does, she sure knows how to write a hit. Now you could argue about the quality of Pink's music but nearly every song of hers that ends up on the radio has a big hook and gets stuck in your head. If VR want a go at staying in the spotlight with a cool singer that can write some cool rock stuff that gets them on the radio, I think they need to look no further.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Dredging this thread up from the depths... does anyone actually have the instrumentals for Clappy and Motherfucka? I'd love to hear the clean versions...

AtariLegend wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Dredging this thread up from the depths... does anyone actually have the instrumentals for Clappy and Motherfucka? I'd love to hear the clean versions...

Aussie is rarely around and there's not much of the forums old guard left. You'd be better off asking on another forum (not mygnr of course).

Board footer