You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

From the same site:

____________________________________________________________________________________
Why are we ignoring all the contrarian scholars on COVID-19?

A few months into the coronavirus panic here in this country, and one thing is clear: People love bad news. Headlines obsessively chart each new case and each new death; medical doctors are constantly on television and in news media warning us that “the worst is yet to come,” that “the fight is just beginning,” that this is the “new normal” and that we won’t be able to resume typical social conventions “for a long time.”

You might think it’s a universal consensus that this disease is both world-ending and here to stay. Yet many scholars—a growing amount of them, more and more every day—are sounding the alarm on what they’re calling a major overreaction to this disease: epidemiologists, public health officials, preventative medicine experts, professors and numerous other academics have all been raising red flags regarding the draconian, ongoing response to the coronavirus outbreak here, namely by pointing out that lockdowns are ineffective, unwise and destructive policy that will put millions out of work while doing little to halt the spread of the disease.

Why is nobody paying attention to them? Are they less credentialed, more inexperienced, less trustworthy? None of those things are true. There are, rather, likely two elements here: In the first place, much of the media are largely invested in terrifying, scary headlines and news stories meant to shock and frighten readers with seemingly grim and dire predictions: Readers, for whatever reason, will often keep returning to news sources that scare the living daylights out of them. We’re a strange species.

Government officials, too, are very much invested in promoting doomsayer scenarios, simply because that’s what they’ve been doing all along: We’ve been told from the beginning that this is a once-in-a-century pandemic that could result in literally millions of deaths if major, disruptive, open-ended government measures are not taken to combat it. It would be humiliating, and in some cases politically suicidal, if they were to entertain the less-panicky models and projections, let alone endorse them. Better to just keep heralding the end of the world even as the data get better on a daily and sometimes hourly basis.

There are differing, dissenting opinions on this pandemic from scholars and academics who can be trusted. They’re worth listening to. Don’t be afraid to seek them out.

Those people are in the minority...the very small minority. It’s likely these people don’t give a shit about anything other than the economy in the first place.

Yes mitch, scientists don't care about anything other than the economy.  This is exactly why my earlier post is you...unwilling to even consider the possibility that you could be wrong.  The tide is turning...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Mitch is now smarter that a renowned expert from Stanford.  The irony...

Just because I don't post all of the articles I read doesn't mean I'm just making stuff up or it's not from credible sources.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

What people had issue with was your assertion that quarantining did fuck all. A ridiculous claim. What you are doing now is distancing yourself from that comment by muddying the waters and moving goalposts rather than admit it was a stupid comment. Everything else you are posting is just a weak attempt at distraction.

That not only makes you wrong but dishonest too.
Not surprising. You are involved in pretty much all drama on this site the last 10 years.

Have a nice day now.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Bill's usually not my guy, but he got this one right...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

What people had issue with was your assertion that quarantining did fuck all. A ridiculous claim. What you are doing now is distancing yourself from that comment by muddying the waters and moving goalposts rather than admit it was a stupid comment. Everything else you are posting is just a weak attempt at distraction.

Not surprising. You are involved in pretty much all drama on this site the last 10 years.

Have a nice day now.

No chumpy...I've said the same thing from the beginning.  Go back.  Read up.  Or shut up.  Either way.  Have a good night.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

IF they have a better way and can prove it they'll have no problem convincing the rest of the medical community. Then we consider a new approach. Until that happens we do what we have been doing. we based what we're currently doing on acknowledging the fact that we didn't know shit. It was far from a perfect solution. It was one that put human lives over money and the economy. It was one that the medical community endorsed for the most part.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Have a nice day now.

No chumpy...I've said the same thing from the beginning.  Go back.  Read up.  Or shut up.  Either way.  Have a good night.

You are reporting me while you continue to behave like a raving lunatic...you haven't learned shit.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Night buzz 14

buzzsaw wrote:

Lol...the quarantine accomplished nothing...what's so hard to understand about that?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Night buzz 14

buzzsaw wrote:

Lol...the quarantine accomplished nothing...what's so hard to understand about that?

Night!  Context my friend...something that seems to escape the simple minded.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Have a nice day now.

You are reporting me while you continue to behave like a raving lunatic...you haven't learned shit.

Reported again!  Brilliant!  Talk about not learning.

Board footer