You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:

Trey Gowdy conspiracy theory...not saying I agree with this (especially the flu comparison...this isn't the flu regardless of what the death totals say when it's over) and some of it if memory serves me right is factually incorrect such as the virus coming after Trump's failed impeachment, but it's certainly not impossible (at least some components of it) either.  Also, this might be better for the US political thread...it people want to start tearing into the politics of it, we can move that discussion to there.  Here goes nothing:

From Trey Gowdy:
I'm not saying Covid-19 isn't real... But Pay attention folks, there's much more going on here than what meets the eye.
Is it a coincidence that just when the economy is booming, the stock market is setting record highs, we are winning the trade wars, school shootings have stopped, our nation is at peace, the Democratic party is a disaster and so is their likely nominee(Biden). He hasn't a chance in hell & they're not about to let an outsider(Bernie) destroy their scheme.
It looks like Trump is a sure bet for reelection after fending off 3 years of investigations and impeachment, then all the sudden world crisis pandemic. Stock market tumbles, companies are laying off employees, everything is closed and canceled, CEO's of giant companies are resigning and indictments are coming.
Now they say there are a couple ways a President doesn't win reelection. Those are an unpopular war or a poor economy.
But there is something larger going on here driving this sudden outbreak right after Trump beats an impeachment. Especially the fact that it(Corona virus)originated in China who we are in a global trade war with brought on by Trump. Let's not forget Biden's back door deals with CHINA as well.
China doesn't want 4 more years of Trump either. It all seems rather convenient for the nations and opponents of our current President and economy 5 months before an election. Couldn't have hit at a more perfect time.
With the Democrats running out of campaign talking points in light of no school shootings, no migrant caravans at the southern border, fighting in Syria winding down, North Korea not firing missiles and Trump beating a sham impeachment. The corona virus gave them one last hail Mary to try and point fingers at Trump with the clock winding down in 2020.
This is almost the perfect fascist playbook. Control the population with fear-mongering and panic, control the media, spread propaganda and the fan-favorite disarm the population. Oh, and did anyone notice that while they are mad as hell at Trump for not sending aid to Ukraine, they THEMSELVES voted AGAINST giving ANY emergency aid to all Americans ?
Sorry but I don't think we are all going to die. Remember when Ebola was what was going to kill us all, and the media kept showing the piles of body bags that were prepared for the fallout. Then a month later it was totally forgotten.
The common flu has killed more people this year already and the media is SILENT!
A handful of deaths out of 320 million Americans and we are in panic tearing down our society and costing our economy billions in the wake. It all just seems fishy, a little too well-timed if you ask me.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Yamcha

I hope u are doing ok

Hey Neemo,

I am doing ok, thanks. I feel much better but my right lung gets weird sometimes - I cough and it feels like my lung is getting torn. My left lung is alright. I don't know how to describe this feeling. But it's only on occasion and I didn't have any of this today (yet) so touch wood I am now more or less recovered. I read something somewhere about someone having pneumonia in one lung and Covid in their other lung? It doesn't make much sense to me, though. How would it be possible?

Hidden Text:

Where is James, anyone knows? I see on my forum that his birthday is coming up...

AtariLegend wrote:

Glad you're feeling a bit better, as for

Hidden Text:

Lofton, he generally vanishes for weeks and sometimes months at a time. Has done for years. I'm sure he's fine.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'd imagine you tore a muscle or lining of the lung while coughing (very common) . Nothing to worry about but can be very painful.

Hopefully that's all it is and you are on the mend.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

@osiris: I don't think it is a muscle... It reminds me of old smokers who try to cough. 

@atari: Thank you.

Hopefully everyone here is fine.

I was reading about this Chinese author and thought I would share.

She Kept a Diary of China’s Epidemic. Now She Faces a Political Storm.

“If authors have any responsibilities in the face of disaster, the greatest of them is to bear witness.” Here are excerpts from the author Fang Fang’s controversial chronicle of life and death in Wuhan.
As Wuhan was engulfed by the coronavirus, the Chinese author Fang Fang worked late into the night, writing a daily chronicle of life and death in her home city that gave rise to a global pandemic.
Her online diary, though sometimes censored, became vital reading for tens of millions of Chinese readers — a plain-spoken, spontaneous view into Wuhan residents’ fears, frustrations and hopes during their 11 weeks under lockdown in their homes.
Her account has recently drawn bitter condemnation from zealous Chinese nationalists who have called plans to publish a translation in English an effort to malign the government and undermine the heroic image of Wuhan.
Fang Fang, who uses her pen name rather than her birth name, Wang Fang, said that she did not want to be cast as either a cheerleader for the government, or as a reflexively embittered critic. She called herself a witness, highlighting the bravery of doctors, street cleaners and neighbors helping neighbors, while vowing to hold to account officials who let the virus spread.“If authors have any responsibilities in the face of disaster, the greatest of them is to bear witness,” she said in an interview. “I’ve always cared about how the weak survive great upheavals. The individuals who are left out — they’ve always been my chief concern.”

Continued at link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/worl … uthor.html

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'd imagine you tore a muscle or lining of the lung while coughing (very common) . Nothing to worry about but can be very painful.

Hopefully that's all it is and you are on the mend.

Could also be injury to the muscles between the ribs if there has been lots of coughing lately.

Glad to hear you're ok Yamcha...I was thinking of ya.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Can we all acknowledge now that hyrdroxychloroquine was overblown. Even Fox News has stopped touting it. The first real study shows it did nothing and maybe made things worse for patients. There still needs to be long-term, large-scale studies following rigorous scientific standards, but when Fox stops hyping it, you know something's up. https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/hyd … d-19-study

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Can we all acknowledge now that hyrdroxychloroquine was overblown. Even Fox News has stopped touting it. The first real study shows it did nothing and maybe made things worse for patients. There still needs to be long-term, large-scale studies following rigorous scientific standards, but when Fox stops hyping it, you know something's up. https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/hyd … d-19-study

Was anyone here hyping it up?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Glad you are coming out if it Yamcha :-)

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Was anyone here hyping it up?

Smoking Guns, for one. Forum search sucks, but there seemed to be, at least I remember, a general "Trump isn't pimping this because he has investments supporting it but because it appears to be effective."

Board footer