You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Covid 19

bigbri wrote:

My mother in law actually takes this drug, also the generic version of it. She has lupus, among other ailments. Now, of course, she's going to have trouble accessing it and her price has already gone it because of the demand. She needs it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

My mother in law actually takes this drug, also the generic version of it. She has lupus, among other ailments. Now, of course, she's going to have trouble accessing it and her price has already gone it because of the demand. She needs it.

Now that is a shitty side effect of this.  I hope she's able to find a way to get it.  If she can't, let me know...I don't know that I'll be able to help, but I am willing to try.  In SG's defense, the initial reports (presidential grandstanding aside) were positive and as much as things keep changing, I wouldn't necessarily trust the latest reports either.

Another side effect I saw someone post earlier today is people (mostly kids obviously) missing their vaccinations as either people don't want to go out or doctor offices are only seeing sick people and not regular checkups.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Now that is a shitty side effect of this.  I hope she's able to find a way to get it.  If she can't, let me know...I don't know that I'll be able to help, but I am willing to try.  In SG's defense, the initial reports (presidential grandstanding aside) were positive and as much as things keep changing, I wouldn't necessarily trust the latest reports either.

Another side effect I saw someone post earlier today is people (mostly kids obviously) missing their vaccinations as either people don't want to go out or doctor offices are only seeing sick people and not regular checkups.

Since I last heard, she is OK on supply, but that might not last. Price, of course, is absolutely going up. My father in law died about a decade ago, and she is terminally ill and does not work. Besides lupus, she has MS, diabetes, has battled cancer and several other things. If she gets this, she's out.

I appreciate your outreach. We don't know how this is going to look for her in the middle of summer. That might be when the drug situation manifests for her. The generic she takes is Plaquenil.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Can we all acknowledge now that hyrdroxychloroquine was overblown. Even Fox News has stopped touting it. The first real study shows it did nothing and maybe made things worse for patients. There still needs to be long-term, large-scale studies following rigorous scientific standards, but when Fox stops hyping it, you know something's up. https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/hyd … d-19-study

Was anyone here hyping it up?

Smoking Guns, for one. Forum search sucks, but there seemed to be, at least I remember, a general "Trump isn't pimping this because he has investments supporting it but because it appears to be effective."

I made a few posts about it a couple weeks back but I'm sure I misspelled the word. I was critical of the use without any evidence of it working. Trump even said, 'what have you got to lose?' and also something like, 'I'd take it.' While also saying he isn't going to use masks or follow the advice that the doctors have been giving during these loony tunes press conferences.

It appears we've all come to our senses about it now.

I think this is the most anti-expert I've seen Trump.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

You know, guys, I’m not even gonna make fun of Trump suggesting injecting disinfectant or light to fight coronavirus. I legitimately feel sorry for him being so ignorant. He’s in so far over his head; the people around him are failing him.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You know, guys, I’m not even gonna make fun of Trump suggesting injecting disinfectant or light to fight coronavirus. I legitimately feel sorry for him being so ignorant. He’s in so far over his head; the people around him are failing him.

[/embed]
Why should the people around him have to tell him that consuming disinfectant is a bad idea?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

[/embed]
Deborah Birx just stared at him aghast at what he was saying.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Listen to Trump asking random questions live in front of the media like a complete idiot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LNLz9jDuLg&feature=youtu.be&t=62

It'll go away in April. It'll go away in the summer. It won't come back next year. The guy is misleading his base & Fox News & Rush will support it.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

[/embed]
Why should the people around him have to tell him that consuming disinfectant is a bad idea?

Well, he shouldn’t be discussing these topics at all. That’s where his team is falling short. Some subjects he needs to just defer to the experts. He’s not qualified to discuss treatments at all, that’s clear.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

[/embed]

Well, he shouldn’t be discussing these topics at all. That’s where his team is falling short. Some subjects he needs to just defer to the experts. He’s not qualified to discuss treatments at all, that’s clear.

I was saying this a few days ago. He’s really making himself look bad but to his base and support I’m not sure it will ever matter.

He talks over people all the time and he tries to make it look like he’s in charge and he’s in control.

Board footer