You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Yea i should’ve included Abrams but for some reason i thought i remembered reading her saying she wasn’t interested...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

By the way...I think the VPs Biden is considering...I"ll rank them....

1) Kamala Harris
2) Whitmer
3) Tammy Baldwin
4) Klobachur (spelling?)

I'd prefer the bottom two honestly...midwest women are bad ass and not provocative...

Kamala is bad ass smart though....and Democrats can't be afraid of that...

Biden has a hard choice...he'd better make the right one.

It won't be Abrams. Baldwin and Whitmer are interesting because that gives Biden a fairly popular elected official from crucial states Wisconsin and Michigan, and in Wisconsin the Dem governor would appoint a Dem replacement. Harris is probably the safest choice for Biden, as it doesn't put any doubt that a Dem Senator would win the seat back.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Trump is done. The Scarborough thing just broke him, along with his new press secretary. He's lost the "hold your nose and vote" republicans. All he has left are the sheep.

I'm not voting if Biden selects Abrams or Harris, can't do it. Biden is getting worse and worse, and the only thing that will change my mind is selecting Klobuchar.

Nope.  When push comes to shove, people are going to vote against the Dems.  The right will fear-monger their way to victory unless the left does a better job of fear-mongering.

This will be the sleaziest election ever.  It will be more negative than ever and both sides have easy targets.  Nobody will be motivated by the candidate, so it's all about who can be more sleazy.  Pathetic.

This is exactly what trump wanted.

Nope.  You're not going to get away with playing the one-sided card on this.  Democrats are equally responsible...they can't even trust their own party to get the nomination right so they've now rigged two primaries in a row for their preferred candidate and he's as sleazy as Trump.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Trump is done. The Scarborough thing just broke him, along with his new press secretary. He's lost the "hold your nose and vote" republicans. All he has left are the sheep.

I'm not voting if Biden selects Abrams or Harris, can't do it. Biden is getting worse and worse, and the only thing that will change my mind is selecting Klobuchar.

Nope.  When push comes to shove, people are going to vote against the Dems.  The right will fear-monger their way to victory unless the left does a better job of fear-mongering.

This will be the sleaziest election ever.  It will be more negative than ever and both sides have easy targets.  Nobody will be motivated by the candidate, so it's all about who can be more sleazy.  Pathetic.

There's a chance he wins, of course, but he got into office from people not voting or voting third party because everyone assumed he'd lose. He was put into office because of "hold your nose and vote" republicans. I think he's lost those. I can see people voting Biden and down balloting republicans, giving the house back to neutralize Biden's power.

All he had to do was shut up. Maybe Trump wants to be voted out, which is what I'm really starting to believe.

I think you're way underestimating the hold their nose people on both sides.  Frankly if you're not a hold your nose person on either side at this point, you are the problem more than either candidate is.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

1) Kamala Harris
2) Whitmer
3) Tammy Baldwin
4) Klobachur (spelling?)

I'd prefer the bottom two honestly...midwest women are bad ass and not provocative...

Do you want any of those people being President when Joe completely loses his mind next year?  Their VP candidates are as bad as their Presidential candidates were.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

1) Kamala Harris
2) Whitmer
3) Tammy Baldwin
4) Klobachur (spelling?)

It won't be Abrams. Baldwin and Whitmer are interesting because that gives Biden a fairly popular elected official from crucial states Wisconsin and Michigan, and in Wisconsin the Dem governor would appoint a Dem replacement. Harris is probably the safest choice for Biden, as it doesn't put any doubt that a Dem Senator would win the seat back.

If that's Michigan's governor, she's out.  She will get destroyed for her handling of the virus.  Her state hates her.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This is exactly what trump wanted.

Nope.  You're not going to get away with playing the one-sided card on this.  Democrats are equally responsible...they can't even trust their own party to get the nomination right so they've now rigged two primaries in a row for their preferred candidate and he's as sleazy as Trump.

You hate everyone so....there’s that.

Seriously...who is your ideal candidate? Is it a real person?

Trump is most responsible and you can’t convince me otherwise...you can’t make fun of and admonish people all day and expect them not to retaliate or cooperate later.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

1) Kamala Harris
2) Whitmer
3) Tammy Baldwin
4) Klobachur (spelling?)

If that's Michigan's governor, she's out.  She will get destroyed for her handling of the virus.  Her state hates her.

There's only a vocal minority against her. Poll after poll during this whole thing has shown most support how this is being handled. Even Republicans surveyed say those ridiculous protests were inappropriate.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ … 227671002/

"Overall, 64% of those surveyed approved of Whitmer's response, compared to 33% of those who did not. Unsurprisingly, Democrats were particularly supportive, with 96% approving of her actions, and Republicans in opposition, with 79% disapproving.

But Independents, a key voting bloc in Michigan, came down on Whitmer's side, 65%-28%. Forty percent of them said they strongly approved of her actions.

"By any standard, those are terrific numbers for any political figure," Czuba said.

https://www.lansingcitypulse.com/storie … s-on,14442

Tuesday’s Washington Post-Ipsos poll has Whitmer’s coronavirus approval rating at an amazing 62%. It’s a great number. Trump’s is at 43%. Not good.

About a week ago, however, Whitmer’s University of Minnesota-Ipsos approval number was at 72%. Also, her 62% was tied for 37th among the nation’s 50 governors ... and only one had an approval rating below 50%. Every governor but the Georgia guy has a great number and by comparison, Whitmer’s isn’t all that special.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/ … .png&w=916

If you want to argue polls, I guess you can, but there's no shred of evidence Michigan hates Whitmer. There's a ton of evidence they hate Trump though.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There's only a vocal minority against her. Poll after poll during this whole thing has shown most support how this is being handled. Even Republicans surveyed say those ridiculous protests were inappropriate.

"Overall, 64% of those surveyed approved of Whitmer's response, compared to 33% of those who did not. Unsurprisingly, Democrats were particularly supportive, with 96% approving of her actions, and Republicans in opposition, with 79% disapproving.

But Independents, a key voting bloc in Michigan, came down on Whitmer's side, 65%-28%. Forty percent of them said they strongly approved of her actions.

"By any standard, those are terrific numbers for any political figure," Czuba said.

Tuesday’s Washington Post-Ipsos poll has Whitmer’s coronavirus approval rating at an amazing 62%. It’s a great number. Trump’s is at 43%. Not good.

About a week ago, however, Whitmer’s University of Minnesota-Ipsos approval number was at 72%. Also, her 62% was tied for 37th among the nation’s 50 governors ... and only one had an approval rating below 50%. Every governor but the Georgia guy has a great number and by comparison, Whitmer’s isn’t all that special.

If you want to argue polls, I guess you can, but there's no shred of evidence Michigan hates Whitmer. There's a ton of evidence they hate Trump though.

Excellent post...those people who showed up with guns accomplished nothing. They looked like man babies and woman babies.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ah, polls.  Some people never learn...

If you ask the right people you can get any result you want.  I'm not even talking about the protesters. I know Democrats that live, sleep and shit democratic that live in Michigan and want her out.  But they don't get polled.

Board footer