You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mudkikker
 Rep: 0 

Re: Matt Sorum's book leaks online.

mudkikker wrote:

Don't know why I'm here
Livin' on the run for oh so long
I gotta  get the money motherfucker
'Cause I got no more patience
Double talkin' I got (lies)
No more patience man
Back in town an'a all new friends
They sayin' how ya been?
Fucked up and outta place
That's how I felt back then
Double talkin' jive get the money motherfucker
'Cause I got no more patience
Double talkin' (lies) no more patience man
You dig what I'm sayin'?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

For a second there... I thought it would be really cool.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Its Matt Sorums book in case you're wondering. Leaked online.

AtariLegend wrote:

The book fyi has alot in it, not all new.

He buries everyone by the end (except Izzy and Gilby who are rarely mentioned).

- Slash constantly screws him over throughout (every few chapters) be it money, getting into arguments or not wanting him to play at the Hall of Fame
- Makes claims like Duff said, Fuck Izzy and Frank can't play
- It's bitter by the end tbh and cannot imagine the band wanting to have him guest.
- Matt being furious when Axl, Duff and Slash went for an extra bow at a gig/Slash telling them they get to do it, because they started the band.

I'm sure others will copy/paste tibbits parts.

It's pretty tame on Axl compared to Slash and Duff.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

That and Dizzy fucking Reed being the macdaddy.

Sky Dog wrote:

This may be interesting...won’t read one word but the translation on line will be chaotic as Gnr usual!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I read through most of the GNR section of his book today.  The interesting thing is that it basically paints Slash as being sort of a two face and Duff as spineless (sound familiar?).

Speaking of which, one of the last chapters of the book is about Duff and let's just say I lost a lot of respect for him.  He even bad mouths Frank (Duff does).  I ended up empathizing a lot with Matt Sorum (not my favorite GNR member)  during that entire chapter.  Just brutal to read.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I read through most of the GNR section of his book today.  The interesting thing is that it basically paints Slash as being sort of a two face and Duff as spineless (sound familiar?).

Speaking of which, one of the last chapters of the book is about Duff and let's just say I lost a lot of respect for him.  He even bad mouths Frank (Duff does).  I ended up empathizing a lot with Matt Sorum (not my favorite GNR member)  during that entire chapter.  Just brutal to read.

The Frank part to me reeks of sour grapes but I haven’t read it. Any more detail?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

The Frank part to me reeks of sour grapes but I haven’t read it. Any more detail?

Sure Duff and Matt are talking (this is around 2014, when the reuinon rumors first started), and Matt is asking about generally what's going on.  And they are still good friends at this point.  Matt just sort of wants clarification--and he wants to be the drummer.  I have a tendency to believe Sorum--even if it comes off as self serving a bit.

Oh, this hasn't been mentioned here but the book has been cancelled and will not be published.  Oh another part that was kind of funny:
Axl firing Rick Rubin.

Here's the passage

I continued to call Duff, but he was constantly evading me, and I realized he wasn’t telling the truth. “Duff, what’s going on?” I said.
“Well, Axl wants to use his drummer,” he said. “But the guy can’t even play the drums. I’ve gotta talk to Axl and say I really can’t play with this guy.”
Wait! Back up!” I said. “What do you mean you don’t think he’s very good? And you can’t fucking tell Axl? That would be the first thing I’d say if I was the bass player and you were the drummer. Why do you think I
asked you to play in the Vampires? Because you’re my favorite bass player.”
“Come on, man.”
“No. . . . Go to Axl and tell him you want me on drums. Period. Now’s the time.”
“Oh, man,” Duff said, his voice kind of shrinking. “I already signed the deal.”

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Sure Duff and Matt are talking (this is around 2014, when the reuinon rumors first started), and Matt is asking about generally what's going on.  And they are still good friends at this point.  Matt just sort of wants clarification--and he wants to be the drummer.  I have a tendency to believe Sorum--even if it comes off as self serving a bit.

Oh, this hasn't been mentioned here but the book has been cancelled and will not be published.  Oh another part that was kind of funny:
Axl firing Rick Rubin.

Here's the passage

I continued to call Duff, but he was constantly evading me, and I realized he wasn’t telling the truth. “Duff, what’s going on?” I said.
“Well, Axl wants to use his drummer,” he said. “But the guy can’t even play the drums. I’ve gotta talk to Axl and say I really can’t play with this guy.”
Wait! Back up!” I said. “What do you mean you don’t think he’s very good? And you can’t fucking tell Axl? That would be the first thing I’d say if I was the bass player and you were the drummer. Why do you think I
asked you to play in the Vampires? Because you’re my favorite bass player.”
“Come on, man.”
“No. . . . Go to Axl and tell him you want me on drums. Period. Now’s the time.”
“Oh, man,” Duff said, his voice kind of shrinking. “I already signed the deal.”

Thank you for the detail.

Between the bashing of Slash and Duff it kind of lends to my own theory that Matt thinks there is still a window for him to become a part of the NITL thing. Why would he leave Axl so squeaky clean otherwise?

Board footer