You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Matt Sorum's book leaks online.

slashsfro wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Between the bashing of Slash and Duff it kind of lends to my own theory that Matt thinks there is still a window for him to become a part of the NITL thing. Why would he leave Axl so squeaky clean otherwise?

On that,   later on he is sent a text from Fernando:

I got a text message from Axl’s manager, Fernando, who I had first met (along with his mother, Beta) when he was a young kid from Brazil that Axl decided to take under his wing.
“Hey there bud,” he wrote. “How are you? Just reaching out to see how your schedule is looking. Wondering if you’re interested in joining the band on a few shows and a few songs. Let me know.”
I stared at my phone; I could hardly believe my eyes. I replied a little later, copying my manager, saying I would check my calendar.
Johnny and I hadn’t even left the island before my manager called to say that Fernando had offered to pay all my travel expenses and hotel costs if I agreed to join the band. That was the only form of payment I would get. I asked my manager to get back to them with a polite no thanks.

On Axl, I think he goes easier on him because he didn't spend as much time around him as the other two.  He's still critical of him BUT it seems most of his venom is for Slash and Duff.  I mean he was only bandmates with Axl for like a few years.  He was musical bandmates with Duff for 28 years.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Between the bashing of Slash and Duff it kind of lends to my own theory that Matt thinks there is still a window for him to become a part of the NITL thing. Why would he leave Axl so squeaky clean otherwise?

I got a text message from Axl’s manager, Fernando, who I had first met (along with his mother, Beta) when he was a young kid from Brazil that Axl decided to take under his wing.
“Hey there bud,” he wrote. “How are you? Just reaching out to see how your schedule is looking. Wondering if you’re interested in joining the band on a few shows and a few songs. Let me know.”
I stared at my phone; I could hardly believe my eyes. I replied a little later, copying my manager, saying I would check my calendar.
Johnny and I hadn’t even left the island before my manager called to say that Fernando had offered to pay all my travel expenses and hotel costs if I agreed to join the band. That was the only form of payment I would get. I asked my manager to get back to them with a polite no thanks.

On Axl, I think he goes easier on him because he didn't spend as much time around him as the other two.  He's still critical of him BUT it seems most of his venom is for Slash and Duff.  I mean he was only bandmates with Axl for like a few years.  He was musical bandmates with Duff for 28 years.

Seriously thank you for quoting the only parts of the book i would care to read.

It really does put Duff and Slash in a different light than was portrayed through the forums for a loooong time.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Thinking more about this situation, and Steven’s, I’m sure there are plenty that think this is a ripoff for them. Yet given the massive success of the tour, were they wrong? Almost seems like charity for a feel-good story for the crowd.

AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

The Frank part to me reeks of sour grapes but I haven’t read it. Any more detail?

Sure Duff and Matt are talking (this is around 2014, when the reuinon rumors first started), and Matt is asking about generally what's going on.  And they are still good friends at this point.  Matt just sort of wants clarification--and he wants to be the drummer.  I have a tendency to believe Sorum--even if it comes off as self serving a bit.

Oh, this hasn't been mentioned here but the book has been cancelled and will not be published.  Oh another part that was kind of funny:
Axl firing Rick Rubin.

Here's the passage

I continued to call Duff, but he was constantly evading me, and I realized he wasn’t telling the truth. “Duff, what’s going on?” I said.
“Well, Axl wants to use his drummer,” he said. “But the guy can’t even play the drums. I’ve gotta talk to Axl and say I really can’t play with this guy.”
Wait! Back up!” I said. “What do you mean you don’t think he’s very good? And you can’t fucking tell Axl? That would be the first thing I’d say if I was the bass player and you were the drummer. Why do you think I
asked you to play in the Vampires? Because you’re my favorite bass player.”
“Come on, man.”
“No. . . . Go to Axl and tell him you want me on drums. Period. Now’s the time.”
“Oh, man,” Duff said, his voice kind of shrinking. “I already signed the deal.”

Thank you for the detail.

I don't think so, this has defintely more of a "it ain't happening, so let me burn all the bridges left to cash in" book.

He attacks Axl a few times, but ultimately Axl doesn't feature as much as you might expect. It's really more Slash and Duff stories.

He's pretty hostile to Scott too, doesn't mention anything about Scott passing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A long time ago I heard Matt Sorum on a radio show where he said Axl got he, Duff and Slash drunk before a show on the UYI tour and had them sign the name over to him... And he included himself in this. Don't take anything Matt says serious.

Sky Dog wrote:

Sorum is a douche.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Sorum is a douche.

And water is wet.

Sky Dog wrote:

What beef would he have with Duff and Slash?

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

What beef would he have with Duff and Slash?

Read my summary on the first page. It's a series of Slash screwing Matt out off money... for example Axl tells Matt he should get 10% Matt agrees, Slash says no way afterwards.

Matt wants to start a band, basically Snakepitt is his and Slash's idea. He finds out that Slash during a rehersal has changed the name to Slash's snakepitt. They fight a few times including during vr.

Slash wants the Buckcherry singer. After they've jammed for a few months tells Matt he's quiting the band because he doesn't like the singer... matt says they'll get rid off the singer instead, later on he wants rid of the other guitarist from Buckcherry too... leaving Matt in a bad position.

Also during the gn'r days... Axl, Slash and Duff go out for an extra bow which annoys Matt. Complains to Slash who tell them, we get to do thst because we started the band.

Slash also didn't want him at the Rock N Roll hall of fame.

Slash ignored him when he was trying to find out about the reunion ect... ect.

Every few chapters once Slash is introduced... there's something.

As for Duff, there's a few things... but the books final chapter is Matt trying to get Duff to insist on him joining. Duff says I already signed. Suggests Duff said the drummer can't play (Frank). When Matt brings up Izzy, Duff says fuck izzy. There's more.

Sorry, typing on phone.

Other claims include the suggestion that Stephanie felt up Matt in a car while Axl was looking the other way. Thinking Stephanie would fuck everyone in the band if she could. Also Matt had an opportunity to sleep with Elizabeth Taylor (bit of a stretch) at the Freddie tribute show.

Also lots of stories about Lars wanting to know what's going on with Guns. Lars appears more than Izzy, Gilby combined

Worth checking out.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

Would love to read the book. Are there any links to share. PM me if available. Thanks.

Board footer