You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The Wrestling thread

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I would guess Monday Night Raw kinda made that happen?  Thru the 90s-2000s.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I went to a television taping once and saw Ultimate Warrior wrestle three times in one night. I think it was for Wrestling Challenge. And I went to the Royal Rumble when Hulk won.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I went to a television taping once and saw Ultimate Warrior wrestle three times in one night. I think it was for Wrestling Challenge. And I went to the Royal Rumble when Hulk won.

That’s awesome...I’m super jealous...woulda loved to go to something like this. We were too poor and way too far away from a Major city to make something like that happen.

Do you recall what city that Rumble was in?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Orlando. I just looked it up, it was RR 1990. I think I'm going to watch it and see if I can see myself, I've never watched it. I got right next to Jesse Ventura and Vince McMahon, and Jesse gave me a fist in the air when I yelled at him smile

I also met The Warlord from the Powers Of Pain at Golds Gym around that time. Super nice guy.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Btw, One of the coolest experiences was seeing Undertaker live. That intro music with the bells literally gives you goose bumps. Saw him wrestle the Ultimate Warrior. That dude had a great entrance, too.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Orlando. I just looked it up, it was RR 1990. I think I'm going to watch it and see if I can see myself, I've never watched it. I got right next to Jesse Ventura and Vince McMahon, and Jesse gave me a fist in the air when I yelled at him smile

I also met The Warlord from the Powers Of Pain at Golds Gym around that time. Super nice guy.

That’s really cool...now i wanna go back and see if i can see you too. Too bad i don’t know what you look like.

1990 was Jesse’s swan song in wrestling so I’m glad you got to see him. He’s never really returned other than one offs.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You have no idea how close I came to going to Dean Malenko's wrestling school in Tampa around 1996 when I was 17. My dad's best friend and the vp of his company was good friends with Hall & Nash and Bishoff. I would've had an easy in! That's when the cruiser weights got really popular, too. But I chose golf instead.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You have no idea how close I came to going to Dean Malenko's wrestling school in Tampa around 1996 when I was 17. My dad's best friend and the vp of his company was good friends with Hall & Nash and Bishoff. I would've had an easy in! That's when the cruiser weights got really popular, too. But I chose golf instead.

Would you have been a cruiser weight?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, but in all honesty, I would have probably been on the level of David Flair 16

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, but in all honesty, I would have probably been on the level of David Flair 16

Lmao self burn

Maybe you two could team up and be a jobber Tag team. Or is he the one that committed suicide?

Board footer