You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Richard Fortus Gretsch Guitars Instragram Q and A

Sky Dog wrote:

Msl said years ago that they were all contracted employees for the tours....Slash and Duff included.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Fortus is somewhere between employee and partner and his own person.

He's on contract, which in Josh Freese's time meant any Guns activity (tours, etc) would be a "priority" over other ventures. Ron got quite pissed about this arrangement in around 2011-2. You could almost say below-the-line personnel learned about tours from the web tongue

I imagine he enjoys a fixed salary from Guns, which may not be as much as one thinks. This would be for services rendered on the road and in studio.

As for splitting the loot with the lawyers, that's a first. You have the Guns partnership (ASD), who take most of the cake. After that, the rest of the band fend for themselves. If they get a fixed salary from Guns by courtesy of showing up, negotiating your own NITL cut  may be more tempting than letting TB decide your worth for the promoters.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Fortus is somewhere between employee and partner and his own person.

He's on contract, which in Josh Freese's time meant any Guns activity (tours, etc) would be a "priority" over other ventures. Ron got quite pissed about this arrangement in around 2011-2. You could almost say below-the-line personnel learned about tours from the web tongue

I imagine he enjoys a fixed salary from Guns, which may not be as much as one thinks. This would be for services rendered on the road and in studio.

As for splitting the loot with the lawyers, that's a first. You have the Guns partnership (ASD), who take most of the cake. After that, the rest of the band fend for themselves. If they get a fixed salary from Guns by courtesy of showing up, negotiating your own NITL cut  may be more tempting than letting TB decide your worth for the promoters.

I don't know how it all worked. I just know they all had lawyers and negotiated for themselves. What that was, I don't know.

Board footer