You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 459 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

misterID wrote:

I like Frank, but Tony Royster Jr. would be awesome and he wouldn't have to belittle himself by playing with Katy Perry.

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

Sky Dog wrote:

I like Brain the best of all the drummers but Frank is solid in my opinion. Sorum is an ass which is why he didn’t get the job for these tours.

I can’t wait to hear what Melissa can add vocally to any potential new music. Great voice...hot little thing too!

misterID
 Rep: 459 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

misterID wrote:

I'm wondering how different those demos are going to sound now. And if Axl's going to song Going Down. It's be a little weird for Duff to cover it, but his voice would work fine in place of Tommy.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 84 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

Sky Dog wrote:

I like Brain the best of all the drummers but Frank is solid in my opinion. Sorum is an ass which is why he didn’t get the job for these tours.

I think Frank comes in for way too much stick; he's a perfectly decent drummer, I just personally rate Brain over him. And Frank knows the songs inside out, he'd been part of the touring machine for years when Slash and Duff came into the fold. A much more reliable prospect than either Adler, who could flake out at any moment, or Sorum, who by all accounts sounds a bit of an abrasive personality (the fact that he published a story about Duff supposedly bad-mouthing his colleague, behind his back, tells you all you need to know). Frank was the obvious choice.

NGL, though, the NITL band with Brain would be the ultimate modern GN'R line-up.

deadsouth
 Rep: 11 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

deadsouth wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I think it's at 0:24 in this video. If you really want to see GN'R's keyboard player swallow her own vomit.

This is what you get for chugging fistfuls of semen before the show, honestly.


Fixt

elevendayempire
 Rep: 84 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

deadsouth wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I think it's at 0:24 in this video. If you really want to see GN'R's keyboard player swallow her own vomit.

This is what you get for chugging fistfuls of semen before the show, honestly.


Fixt

Dude. Not cool.

slcpunk
 Rep: 154 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

slcpunk wrote:

Best part:

During a 2018 show at Aloha Stadium in Hawaii, she felt a tug on her hair midway through a song. She looks back and sees Axl Rose standing there with a big chunk of blue hair in one hand and a large pair of scissors in the other. “I’m like, ‘What the fuck is going on?'” she says. “I stopped playing and started screaming. He runs away and I don’t know if he’s taken off a huge chunk or what.”

It turns out the hair wasn’t hers — it was all a practical joke that Axl spent weeks meticulously plotting out. He even had a tour assistant bring him different wigs with all sorts of shades of blue so he could find the perfect match for her hair. “They went through all the possibilities of what might happen,” says Reese. “Someone even said she might grab the scissors and stab you. But he was so pleased with himself and it was pretty fucking rad.”

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Pretty good, but how in the hell could a story about how she ended up in Guns N’ Roses not point out that she did like 6 albums with Brain and Buckethead? Seems like a huge miss.

It's because nobody cares anymore. The CD era is the dream season of Dallas.

While they may perform the songs, maybe even release a few, we'll never actually see them talk about that period.

bigbri
 Rep: 332 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Pretty good, but how in the hell could a story about how she ended up in Guns N’ Roses not point out that she did like 6 albums with Brain and Buckethead? Seems like a huge miss.

It's because nobody cares anymore. The CD era is the dream season of Dallas.

While they may perform the songs, maybe even release a few, we'll never actually see them talk about that period.

BUT THAT’S HOW SHE ENDED UP IN THE BAND!

As a former journalist, it’s just a detail I would have mentioned.

Neemo
 Rep: 481 

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Melissa

Neemo wrote:

Is she still even in the band? Lol

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB