You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Re: US Politics Thread

Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

https://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content … eflag3.jpg

OK, let's all hit the RESET button and start ahead with a clean slate. No past posts, refences, faults or whatever. Clean slate, we all get a fresh start.  We've constantly been fixating ourselves in the past.

With all due respect, how do you expect this to happen when posters such as yourself repeat false news stories, and make no effort to correct that?  You recently brought up the bounty again after your original post accusing Trump of treason.  Either you're unaware that the story was debunked and the Generals said not a single soldier was killed for a bounty, or you're choosing to ignore that new evidence and rely solely on the conjecture from the original 'Breaking' story. 

Civil discourse is incredibly difficult with political topics.  Just turn to Fox or CNN or pickup a copy of the NYT or WaPo to see this statement's self evidence.  It's even more hard when posters refuse to look at facts objectively and continue a narrative (Republican or Democratic) even when most people realize the original narrative was wrong, or incredibly misleading. 

If you're not capable of checking your own biases, how can you expect others to?

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

https://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content … eflag3.jpg

OK, let's all hit the RESET button and start ahead with a clean slate. No past posts, refences, faults or whatever. Clean slate, we all get a fresh start.  We've constantly been fixating ourselves in the past.

This.

I'm gonna start a fresh thread. I'll give it a week. If it's the same old shit, I'm going to ban political discussion here.... temporarily anyways.

It's beyond ridiculous. Let's see if cooler heads can prevail.

I've said it a million times but I don't see why it has to be like this. We're all middle aged, known each other for 10-20 years, and heated feuds from yesteryear didn't last this long.

Do we really need to all go to a corner for a timeout?

Board footer