You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The new and God willing improved politics thread

PaSnow wrote:

Seems its Kamala Harris.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

VP debate is gonna be fire. Pence has gotta be shitting himself.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Seems its Kamala Harris.

He just lost my vote.

Under no circumstances should she be a heartbeat away from the presidency....and there's a strong chance his VP becomes president during his term.

The DNC pushed Biden and now they've pushed Harris into the slot. I don't think they actually want the presidency. In a Trump world and drowning in chaos.....THIS is the best they have to offer?!?

I'll be voting in this election of course but it looks like I'll be focusing on the local and state elections.

If Trump has a brain he'll do some campaigning here in Cali. She's not well liked here.

Prediction: This decision will go down as the lefts version of the Palin pick.... completely out of touch with reality.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

The Biden campaign had nothing going for it and now has even less.

Black Hillary is the best of the worst but is ultimately going to do nothing to get swing voters and will only damage the whole campaign longterm.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The Biden campaign had nothing going for it and now has even less.

What are you talking about?  Its 49%-42%.. Yeah it matters by state not national, but certainly one couldn't say Biden "had nothing going for it"

Whenever a 2 person poll hovers around 50% its tough. 51% mathmatically is impossible to lose. (Granted, its probably 'likely' voters etc, but still 48% has ALOT going for it)

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I was talking about the content of the campaign itself.

Biden is a career, establishment politician with a long and troubled history.

He's about as fresh and exciting as a mothball. No one is or was excited about voting for Biden.

The polls showed a dominating Hillary victory in 2016 throughout the election and on election day. I don't take polls too seriously especially because we're several months out and second and more importantly Trump voters, outside of vocal Twitter types, generally aren't going out and shouting their support for Trump from the rooftops when that can result in being ostracized or worse.

And there's still a lot of time for Russia to hack the election. wink

James wrote:

Prediction: This decision will go down as the lefts version of the Palin pick.... completely out of touch with reality.

Well said, James.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

VP debate is gonna be fire. Pence has gotta be shitting himself.

All he has to do is watch Tulsi Gabbard murder her on stage.

misterID

misterID wrote:

As bad as Covid has been for Trump, I think it would be 100X worse for Biden to inherit.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

As bad as Covid has been for Trump, I think it would be 100X worse for Biden to inherit.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I agree. Biden will likely be PINO (Prez In Name Only) and more of a figurehead with advisors telling him what to do. Upon hearing it at daily briefings early on, they would have told him to act. Dems tend to be funded/supported by healthcase industry, but in looking a Wuhan & Italy I'm not sure they were enxious to encounter that.

They definitely would've been pushing for vaccine funding etc.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If he tries rescinding the tax cut in the middle of a recession, hooh boy. He'll have few options. The only thing he could do is issue a lockdown, which dems have been pushing for. Nothing progressives want will be possible any time soon. And he has two short years before the midterms.

I honestly don't think he'd be dumb enough to push for the end of the filibuster.

Board footer