You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Re: Current Events Thread

Rocky wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Just ignore it, its not worth it.

I’ll be happy to clarify my positions if you’re willing to post without acting like Buzz. If you don’t have anything to post but “this is sad”, you’re free to stay out of the discussion.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Still waiting for him to show me where I took a stance on this subject either way. Taps foot. He is point blank lying and attributing something to me I never said.

He thinks he is clever using the throw away account.

Ignore.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah very sad mate. 2 lives lost and the kids is probably ruined too.

Is it wrong that I don't feel that bad because one of them was a child sex offender? I know it shouldn't matter, but damn. All three people shot had violent criminal records, and the dude with the gun who got shot in the arm is in deep shit for having that gun. Ex-cons can't own a gun let alone carry one.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

A child sex offender?

That's karma.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Filing charges against this kid so fast is really going to backfire.

This RNC convention would be great if it weren't for all the Trump's. 16

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The governors have had more than enough time to get this under control. I understand they must request assistance, but surely the government can step in somehow?

misterID

misterID wrote:

They turned down assistance. They just accepted it because of "bad polling." And guess what? The violence stopped when the National Guard rolled in and they actually enforced curfew .

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Clearly political games being played.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Current events...there have been so many big news bombs dropping this last week alone. Where to start?

NBC reported that Trump's cabinet voted on taking children away from their parents as policy back in 2018. Pushed of course by Steven Miller. They wanted to have a "deliberate policy of ripping children away from their parents." Any plea for compassion "fell on deaf ears." (see Miles Taylor below)

A lower court once again said Trump can't hide his taxes and must provide them for a fraud investigation by the SDNY. I'd imagine a grand jury will be seeing his financial records pretty soon.

The Senate intel committee, led by republicans, confirmed what we already knew about the Russian investigation. Among other things, that Trump accepted help from Russia and Roger Stone was directly working with Wikileaks (Russia) to help him etc. To me this makes their lack of action during the impeachment "trial" even more egregious.

Trump's former campaign manager Steve Bannon was indicted for fraud. Apparently he was stealing money from the "build the wall" fundraiser he created with a few other crooks. This is Trump's second campaign manager to be arrested and charged with fraud.

Jerry Falwell Junior, resigned from his position at Liberty University when it was revealed that he and his wife were having an affair with the pool boy for several years.

Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, among other top executives, are being accused of fleecing the NRA for millions of dollars.

The Former Chief of Staff for the Department of Homeland Security (Miles Taylor, who is a republican) has been on TV all week telling some doozies about trump, as well as endorsing Biden.

More than 70 former GOP national security officials and congressmen endorsed Biden this week. Another two dozen republican lawmakers, including John Kasich also came out in support of Biden either at or during the DNC convention.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I kind of think the Falwell thing is low. Yeah, the hypocrisy is funny and he's a big douche, but these things always happen because of extortion gone bad.

Board footer