You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Tracks on the album better than the Rough Mixes

otto wrote:

Street of Dreams to me is the most obvious about Slash song.
IRS and Madagascar about the old band breakup

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I warmed up to it a bit years later but it's a song I never listen to.

I would like to hear the original version someday. I don't believe that the master tape was destroyed.

I think I tried listening to it a while ago and couldn't make it through the entire song.  I would like to hear the original and whatever demos of that song too; only because it's origins were from the Illusion era.

its not like the lyrics will be different. Maybe the vocal track. But the original was just Axl and a piano and that was it.
It was so bad the director of that movie rejected the song.  Who the hell would ever reject a GnR song unless it was shit. And this was in the mid 90s when GNR was still huge. So just think about that for a minute.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Which movie was TIL rumored to be in?

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Rocky wrote:
otto wrote:

We all impose our interpretation based on what information we have, but none of us know this.  The Blues could just as easily be about Seymour, Everly, Duff, his mailman or a dog that died. We have no idea what combination of events and creative liberties occurred through the first 40 years of his life to inspire the various lyrics.  Sure, I think This I Love is about Seymour, because it was written in that era originally and Axl publicly said the breakup was hard on him.  That's one relationship out of many this man had that inspired his poetry?  I have no idea of any of the other relationships that didn't cover the front of Rolling Stone or serve as the basis for the trilogy of videos.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Which movie was TIL rumored to be in?

The Robin Williams one, what dreams may come.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Rocky wrote:
otto wrote:

We all impose our interpretation based on what information we have, but none of us know this.  The Blues could just as easily be about Seymour, Everly, Duff, his mailman or a dog that died. We have no idea what combination of events and creative liberties occurred through the first 40 years of his life to inspire the various lyrics.  Sure, I think This I Love is about Seymour, because it was written in that era originally and Axl publicly said the breakup was hard on him.  That's one relationship out of many this man had that inspired his poetry?  I have no idea of any of the other relationships that didn't cover the front of Rolling Stone or serve as the basis for the trilogy of videos.

This I love is 100% about Steph.  One of the versions at the end had Axl saying I love you Stephanie.  But Axl had the producer delete that version of the song back in the day.  Also Axl wanted a song for Dylan to show how he felt about Steph and TIL was that song.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

Yeah that's a good post but I don't believe Sorry isn't about Slash. It's pretty obvious. If he didn't want people jumping to that conclusion or not buying his denial, maybe he shouldn't have spent years pissing and moaning about him. Hell...even Beta was obsessed with him to the point she would spend hours talking about him on the phone with MSL.

It's about Slash. It also sounds like it's aimed at fans too.

Axl literally said it's not about Slash.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah that's a good post but I don't believe Sorry isn't about Slash. It's pretty obvious. If he didn't want people jumping to that conclusion or not buying his denial, maybe he shouldn't have spent years pissing and moaning about him. Hell...even Beta was obsessed with him to the point she would spend hours talking about him on the phone with MSL.

It's about Slash. It also sounds like it's aimed at fans too.

Axl literally said it's not about Slash.

Axl lies all the time.

Sky Dog wrote:

They all lie or tell exaggerated truths...money power ego...no different than American politicians...all full of shit. axl 21

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

If you've seen What Dreams May Come then you'll know that "This I Love" would've been absolutely perfect for it.

Who knows what the old version was like. A poppier version could've helped cut the saccrine moping but it still fits.

But it's also a cult flick. Maybe big money wasn't on the table and Axl wasn't about to let one of his precious babies go.

Board footer