You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tenet

AtariLegend wrote:

So one of the many disapointing things about this year, is the fact that this pandemic has completely derailed the summer film season.

....And this was one of the biggest films thats in constant delayed release date mode:

https://youtu.be/L3pk_TBkihU

It's a Christopher Nolan film, they were expecting to make several hundred million on this like The Dark Knight films, Dunkirk, Interstellar and Inception.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I was looking forward to Wonder Woman 84 too. I"ll have to check out that Trailer.  Bill & Teds is doing a home PPV release in September 5

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

So one of the many disapointing things about this year, is the fact that this pandemic has completely derailed the summer film season.

....And this was one of the biggest films thats in constant delayed release date mode:

It's a Christopher Nolan film, they were expecting to make several hundred million on this like The Dark Knight films, Dunkirk, Interstellar and Inception.

Looks good. I'll give him this, he's great with action films. I felt Inception was too layered for me tho, 1917, the opposite. Hopefully this one finds that middle ground.

I hear drive in movies are gaining momentum, even popping up temporary ones. I wouldn't go solo, but yeah must have a huge impact on sales. I hear films are scheduled so far in advance they really can't just 'hold' movies until next year, because next years films are either finishing up or in post production and it would then impact their sales figures too, so alot of movies were somewhat scrapped, straight to DVD/streaming, or in limbo.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is one of the few movies I'm looking forward to. The other was Top Gun 2....I'm cautiously optimistic on that one.

After that one, Cruise is filming back to back MI films.

Next year will definitely be a mess.

We're evolving into some sort of new normal.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I was kinda (cheesily) amped for Top Gun.  Wasn't a huge fan of the first, hated the following of it & most people whoever thought it was soo good, I dunno, just bugged me. I'm not a huge fan of alot of Tom Cruises work but I'll admit he makes good films. TG2 we kinda needed. I saw a trailer I think during 1917 or Star Wars, and it did look pretty good. I think the flying scenes tho would be way better in the theater.

AtariLegend wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I felt Inception was too layered for me tho, 1917, the opposite.

Nolan did Dunkirk, 1917 was the Sam Medes film. Both are very different takes on war films.

Anyway, I'm definitely heading to the cinema next week to see this. I won't be disappointed if the pandemic deters others though. I like sitting in a quiet (audience) cinema.

James

James wrote:

I love empty theaters. One of my favorite movie experiences was going to see The Odd Couple 2 in 1998. It was me sitting in the middle of the theater and one old couple sitting up front.

Heaven....

AtariLegend wrote:

I saw it on opening day here (last Wednesday) in a morning showing. There were only 3 or 4 other people with all the social distancing.

It is Christopher Nolan's most Christopher Nolan film for better or worse. If you've seen Inception, Memento, The Prestige and Interstellar (to a lesser extent) you should know what to expect.

A few of the set pieces would make those that make the Mission Impossible films weak in the knees.

MINOR SPOILER:

Hidden Text:

I loved the first 2/3s. The final 3rd though was a bit too confusing and complicated. Worth seeing, but not his best film.

If you see it, see it on the biggest screen possible. Not for those with short attention spans either.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I'd love to see it.

The theatres near me are still closed unfortunately.

James

James wrote:

This film wound up being a popcorn fart. I've heard nothing about it. They really should've delayed it until next year. These types of films don't really work without a huge push and it being an "event".

I should just check the torrents for it.

I found out that my old drive in has reopened. Bat shit crazy. When it shut down eons ago it still remained the same since it was also the location for this county's main flea market.

I'm tempted to go for old times sake regardless of what's playing.

Board footer