You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

bigbri wrote:

The Flaming Lips have been killing it with their new stuff. It's timely, precisely captures the mood of our era, and most importantly is catchy while retaining their unique sound. This first one was just released today, and I love it. The other one is from last week. Really solid stuff that just feels right and feels right now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Posting purely for the GnR shirt.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CExiPM5j … 8fn9odovxr

You're welcome 5

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The General

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I've been going on about this new Flaming Lips stuff. The album came out today, and it's fantastic. Album of the year for me so far. It just speaks to you. Anyone can relate to these songs. Here are two of the latest.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

I've been on a big Buckethead kick these past few days.  I liked him plenty before but probably the lack of new GNR material has me even more motivated to listen to him.  This morning I listened to Electric Tears all the way through for the first time and loved it.  Electric Sea gets played tonight.

I remember there was a thread where I think it was you bigbri and James talking about which albums/songs Bucket released after leaving GNR where you felt they could have been GNR songs had he stayed.  With the time that has passed do you have any more thoughts on what Buckethead material could have been GNR material?

It's been a while and I'm glad to be back.  How is everyone doing?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Doing well, thanks. I think the ones that were definitely GNR material are Notthingham Lace and Soothsayer. Lace was first offered as a free download on his site around the time he left GNR. Soothsayer is an instrumental GNR epic, basically. He started playing that live not long after leaving GNR. It didn’t end up on a CD until years later.

Could be others. Electric Tears was released in 2002, so it’s doubtful any of those were presented to GNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah Padmasana and Soothsayer beg to be GNR epics.

I don't know if Axl truly understood what he had in his arsenal for four years. I don't think the other members did either.

They understood it when he left though.

Even though it came out years after he left the band, any time I hear Squid Ink for some reason I think of GNR. In an alternate universe it's probably a GNR song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88pAMW1OCF0

Flaming Lips in the category of bands I need to dive into before it's all over. Same with Butthole Surfers.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Flaming Lips is very hit and miss, but their new one American Head is the album of the year.

The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots also are good.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Amazing new full version of Buckethead and Praxis doing Interworld and the New Innocence in 1998. So cool. Brain going nuts, and Buckethead sounds good here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's amazing.

I've had this song on repeat today. I had totally forgot about its existence. Haven't heard it since 90-91. I was shocked youtube recommended it.

It should've been a bigger hit.

Board footer