You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

James wrote:

James

James wrote:

Just finished listening to AC/DC's The Razors Edge. If not for Steel Wheels I'd call it the comeback album of the decade. 

They killed the promotion of the album too soon. They left potential hits on the table. Why?

Two huge hits in Thundersruck and Money Talks....and Are You Ready made some waves.

This album came out in the fall. During the holidays, Mistress for Christmas should've been released to rock radio.

Other potential singles...

Rock Your Heart

Fuck... just the intro alone begs for radio....

Got You By The Balls
Shot of Love

It blows me away how many iconic albums weren't milked of singles.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:

[/embed]

Fantastic tune. I’ve got a playlist of 80’s pop and pop rock tunes, and this is amongst them.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

These dudes just keep putting out awesome throwback-style stuff. Night Flight Orchestra, "Impossible."

James

James wrote:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

oh you could say i get so emotional watching that era of Whitney .... damn...

James

James wrote:

I wasn't really a huge fan of hers at the time. I liked this song of course...and I'm Your Baby Tonight.

After she died I downloaded her hits album and rediscovered how amazing she really was. Until then I considered her overrated.

My only criticism of her now is how she played it too safe. The sky was the limit with that voice and she should've went in many musical directions.

I will forever hate I Will Always Love You. It's like Nails on a chalkboard.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone read about Mariah Carey yesterday?  She apparently had a 'grunge' album she'd worked on in 95?!  Apparently she sang backing vocals on a bands song or two, very unknown band, I think there's a reference in like Amazons comments by the singer from like 2012 (something about I loved singing this song, and the hidden secret sauce or something), so it seems legit. Mariah said there's a recording with her on the lead vocals, and is going to try and hunt them down.

Kindof a mix of Alanis/Sheryl Crowe and that 'I love you, always forever, near and far, we'll be together' pre-Britney pop song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvPjataTnNc&feature=youtu.be

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Death metal, jazz piano, and classical opera.

The way God intended.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Death metal, jazz piano, and classical opera.

The way God intended.

I love jazz piano and guitar. Soothing. Not cheesy smooth jazz, but more like lounge jazz that goes with a glass of bourbon at 1 in the morning.

Board footer