You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: A mildly amusing Axl joke I never heard

James wrote:

Was at one of the M.I.A. sites, and this dude told me this joke, acting like I had heard it before and it had been around a long time.

Never heard this one, or my memory is so foggy I just forgot. Anyone know the source of this one?

# NOON Your girlfriend decides to bake you a pie. You are very excited, as you've always been delighted by your girlfriend's culinary skills. Aside from the spaghetti incident.
# 12:30 Your girlfriend calls you from the grocery store, to tell you she's found all the necessary ingredients, and will be serving you a hot piece of pie very soon.
# 1:00 Your girlfriend is in the kitchen now, and tells you the pie is in the oven and will be finished shortly.
# 2:00 Your girlfriend announces that she's very nearly finished, except she changed her mind, and is now baking a cake instead. You try not to ask too many questions.
# 4:00 Your girlfriend says she's put the cake on the cooling rack.
# 5:00 Your girlfriend says the cake is still cooling, and by the way, did she say "cake"? Because she forgot to mention that she went back to the pie idea.
# 8:00 The pie is finally cooled, she claims, and now just needs to be cut and served.
# 10:00 You cannot find your girlfriend anywhere. The kitchen is empty except for small bits of dried frosting and batter and dough everywhere.
# 11:45 Your friends stop by intermittently with plates of frosting and batter and dough, which they inexplicably claim is the pie. They keep ringing your doorbell for no reason. You cry yourself to sleep.
# 2:00AM Your girlfriend's hairdresser calls with a big announcement: "The good news is that all of the mixing of the pie filling has been completed."
Now imagine that the above story takes place over 14 years; that you have received calls from several dozen hairdressers, many of whom were on heroin; and that your girlfriend is a crazy person named Axl Rose. Are you still saving your appetite for that pie? Or do you just forget about the pie and try to rebuild your broken life?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I read that somewhere before.  Maybe at ROV? 

It's funny, because cake sucks and pie is awesome!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Backslash wrote:

If that got lifted from ROV, I think I'd laugh myself to death.

I did have an ROV link there back then, so I guess its possible. Gonna ask the dude where he heard it.

That cake vs pie thread at ROV is one of the GNR forum highlights. The ROV database was worth saving for that thread alone.:haha:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

didn't make me laugh out loud but funny. and sad at the same time

"you got served" 21

James Lofton wrote:
Backslash wrote:

If that got lifted from ROV, I think I'd laugh myself to death.

I did have an ROV link there back then, so I guess its possible. Gonna ask the dude where he heard it.

That cake vs pie thread at ROV is one of the GNR forum highlights. The ROV database was worth saving for that thread alone.:haha:

Oh yeah!   We had that debate over Cheesecake if it was considered a pie or cake.

Dammit I love both!    Although, cake rules big_smile

Board footer