You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Man held daughter in cellar for 24 years

Tommie wrote:

Report: Austrian 'Horror House' Dad May Have Raped Granddaughter

Tuesday , May 06, 2008

Police are investigating claims that an Austrian man accused of imprisoning his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and fathering her seven children also raped one of his granddaughters, a U.K. newspaper reported Tuesday.

Cops believe Josef Fritzl, 73, may have kept his granddaughter Kerstin as a sex slave in the dungeon he built under his home in the village of Amstetten, the Daily Mail reported.

Police are waiting to interview the 19-year-old, who is in a medically induced coma after she emerged from the basement dungeon on April 19.

The news comes as a prosecutor announced plans to meet Fritzl on Wednesday, an official said.

The meeting between prosecutor Christiane Burkheiser and Fritzl is to take place in the prison in the Lower Austrian city of St. Poelten, where the man is being held, prosecution spokesman Gerhard Sedlacek said.

Sedlacek said it is unclear if Fritzl would agree to answer questions. Authorities say he confessed to locking up and raping his daughter Elisabeth and has since remained silent.

Fritzl has not been charged and remains in pretrial detention. His lawyer, Rudolf Mayer, has said he is preparing an insanity defense.

Chief investigator Franz Polzer said experts are continuing to sift through Fritzl's property for evidence, adding there may be more "hollow spaces" that need to be examined. It is unlikely investigators would find anything "dramatic" in such areas, he said.

Doctors, unable to find medical records for Kerstin, appealed on television for her mother to come forward. Fritzl then accompanied the mother, Elisabeth, to the hospital on April 26 and confessed to police.

Click here for more from the U.K.'s Daily Mail.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354286,00.html

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

to everybody that thinks he's mentally ill: i beg to differ.

he knew exactly what he was doing. he built a whole maze under his house, you had to unlock 8 doors to get in, 5 of them you needed normal keys and the last 3 doors were connected in some way and if you didn't know what you were doing you couldn't unlock them.

an instable person might rape he's child in a moment of craziness but 24 fucking years? i really doubt that.

he had people that rented two rooms in his house or something and they were not allowed in the basement and the back yard.

he raised 3 kids in his house and 3 in the basement.

and it appears he planned this thoroughly because a few years before he imprisoned his daughter he obtained approval to modify his basement. so, it was well thought out and planned.

a mentally ill person i don't think would be able to do that.

and i still have a problem with his wife. i think she knew about it. it's impossible not to ask questions when this guy brings 3 infants in your house and he tells you his "lost" daughter left them on your porch. and on top of all that you are strictly denied access to the basement. to me, it doesn't seem she's that innocent.

Actually Sup, I have watched this show on ID that was profiling some of the most haynus serial killers and torturer and most of them are made up of mental illness and abuse from childhood.   Basically the abuse from childhood, makes them mentally ill in some sort of capacity.   Still and all, most are not put in insane assylums, they are put to death.   His lawyer is going with insanity ofcourse not to get him convicted to a prison for the rest of his life. 

There was one story on this show that I watched of a man who chained up 6 women in his basement.   He raped and beat them on a regular basis and he destroyed their eardrums so they couldn't hear anything.  He tried to impregnant them but when it wouldn't take, obviously it's not going to take under the conditions these women were under, he killed and ground 2 of them up and mixed it with dogfood and fed it to the remaining women.   When the police finally raided the house this man said the women were already down there when he bought the house, can you fucking believe he said that.   Mix of mentally ill and abuse as a child.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
supaplex wrote:

to everybody that thinks he's mentally ill: i beg to differ.

he knew exactly what he was doing. he built a whole maze under his house, you had to unlock 8 doors to get in, 5 of them you needed normal keys and the last 3 doors were connected in some way and if you didn't know what you were doing you couldn't unlock them.

an instable person might rape he's child in a moment of craziness but 24 fucking years? i really doubt that.

he had people that rented two rooms in his house or something and they were not allowed in the basement and the back yard.

he raised 3 kids in his house and 3 in the basement.

and it appears he planned this thoroughly because a few years before he imprisoned his daughter he obtained approval to modify his basement. so, it was well thought out and planned.

a mentally ill person i don't think would be able to do that.

and i still have a problem with his wife. i think she knew about it. it's impossible not to ask questions when this guy brings 3 infants in your house and he tells you his "lost" daughter left them on your porch. and on top of all that you are strictly denied access to the basement. to me, it doesn't seem she's that innocent.

Yeah, mentally ill might not be the right words to use. He was obviously obsessed with his daughter, and created a very elaborate masterplan to get what he wanted.

Truly a fucked up case.

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

mariposa
 Rep: 2 

mariposa wrote:

creepy  :sick:

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Actually Sup, I have watched this show on ID that was profiling some of the most haynus serial killers and torturer and most of them are made up of mental illness and abuse from childhood.   Basically the abuse from childhood, makes them mentally ill in some sort of capacity.   Still and all, most are not put in insane assylums, they are put to death.   His lawyer is going with insanity ofcourse not to get him convicted to a prison for the rest of his life. 

There was one story on this show that I watched of a man who chained up 6 women in his basement.   He raped and beat them on a regular basis and he destroyed their eardrums so they couldn't hear anything.  He tried to impregnant them but when it wouldn't take, obviously it's not going to take under the conditions these women were under, he killed and ground 2 of them up and mixed it with dogfood and fed it to the remaining women.   When the police finally raided the house this man said the women were already down there when he bought the house, can you fucking believe he said that.   Mix of mentally ill and abuse as a child.

serial killers, yes, maybe. but this is not the same case. serial killers find a victim, do what they do best, and then move on to the next.

this guy raped his daughter for 24 years. 24 years! we ain't talking about johnny with his axe killing 20 people in 12 months.

this guy lived with his "family" in a house that had underneath it his daughter and 3 children with that woman. he lived 2 separate lives or, if you want, one, but a very well planned one. he had to be careful what he does, says etc. for 24 years.
an insane person has a moment when the switch goes off and loses it. he didn't lose it. if he would've, those poor people would be out of that cellar years ago.

this is my main problem with his supposedly mental illness. the time frame. mental illness, if not treated carefully, aggravates in time, and 24 years is a lifetime. it truly is a lifetime.

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

I agree that this guy should be punished... But come on, there has to be SOMETHING we can learn from him.  I mean I'm sure John Douglas is shitting himself hoping to be able to talk to this guy.

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

Incest dad: I cared for my secret family

VIENNA, Austria (AP) -- The man accused of imprisoning his daughter for 24 years and fathering her seven children said he knew his actions were wrong and that he "must have been crazy," according to comments published Thursday.

Josef Fritzl also said in remarks relayed by his lawyer to the Austrian magazine News that he tried to care for his secret family members, taking flowers, books and stuffed toys to them in the dingy dungeon below his home in the town of Amstetten.

The lawyer, Rudolf Mayer, confirmed to The Associated Press that Fritzl made the remarks from a prison in the city of St. Poelten, where he is being held in pretrial detention.

"I constantly knew, over the entire 24 years, that what I did was not right, that I must have been crazy because I did something like this," Fritzl was quoted as saying.

The case came to light last month, and 73-year-old Fritzl has since confessed to locking up his daughter Elisabeth in 1984, repeatedly raping her and fathering her seven children. Fritzl met for the first time with a prosecutor on Wednesday.

"I tried as best I could to care for my family in the cellar," Fritzl said in the published comments.

"When I went into the bunker, I brought my daughter flowers and my children books and stuffed animals," Fritzl said, adding he would watch adventure videos with the children while Elisabeth cooked their favorite meals.

"And then we'd all sit at the kitchen table and eat together," he said.

Fritzl's double life began to disintegrate when Elisabeth's oldest child, a 19-year-old woman, was hospitalized with a severe infection in Amstetten, west of Vienna.

Doctors, unable to find medical records for the woman, appealed on TV for her mother to come forward. Fritzl accompanied Elisabeth to the hospital on April 26.

He later told police that he had fathered seven children with Elisabeth -- three kept in the cellar all their lives; one adopted by him and his wife; two others raised in the couple's custody; and one who died as an infant.

In other comments published by News, Fritzl said he grew up an only child in "humble circumstances" and that his mother, whom he "admired very much," threw his father out of the house when he was four.

"She was the boss at home, and I the only man in the house," Fritzl said of his mother.

Fritzl also said he considered good behavior and decency important, and that Elisabeth had stopped following rules when she hit puberty.

After locking her up, Fritzl said he repeatedly thought about letting her go but was scared about being arrested and having people find out what he had done.

"With every week that I held my daughter, my situation got crazier ... it's true, I thought repeatedly about whether I should let her go or not," he said.

Fritzl, who always wanted to have a large family, said he was happy about the children Elisabeth bore him. To prepare her for labor, he brought her medical books, towels, disinfectants and diapers, he said.

"Elisabeth was of course scared of the delivery," he said.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/05 … topstories

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Totally inappropriate, but....

egwjgn.jpg

Board footer