You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

Why? I mean you’re probably right re 2024 but not because they suspended Corbyn.

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Why? I mean you’re probably right re 2024 but not because they suspended Corbyn.

I think people are underestimating youth progressives ability to switch. While not the biggest vote share, Labour needs it. Those people could easily vote Green instead and many voted Lib Dem prior to the collation. The polls at the minute mean nothing with 3 and 1/2 years to go. I think people are in denial that the same number of people (almost) voted for the Tories in 17 as of 19. The difference is Labour self-destructed in 2019, from change UK to various mps briefing the press that they didn't want Corbyn to win see (Ashworth).

As far as the report goes, I take the issue that it's only involved 2016-2018 and ignored the years prior and after. I feel sympathy to anyone Jewish abused on Twitter. I personally don't know why Israel/Palestine is really more important than anything thing else to some. However, to suggest we have a partizan media is a stretch. The Mail/Telegraph and Murdoch's empire accusing other people of racism?

The party fighting will go on and as for Keir? Well Keir was there right at Corbyn's side, he was the one responsible for Labour's dumb Brexit policy last year going into that election. There's plenty of senior party members there behind the scenes just as bad as the Tories.

Also the entire policy this year has been literally to agree with everything the Tories did during this pandemic, except to say they didn't do it fast enough?

I despise the Tories and want them out, but the Labour Party is crap. At least in 2017 they were running on change, in 2019 it was just desperate.

Unlike the US, we have a multi party system. Enough of a minority aren't going to feel like they need to vote Labour in 2019 The tactical voting last year for the Lib Dems? Those few extra Lib Dem voters in 2019 back Labour instead (like 2017) and we have a hung parliament and no Brexit.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

How do you all feel about the new US President? I think its a blow to Johnson as Biden is a big supporter of the Irish and the good Friday agreement. Brexit just got a lot more complicated.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

How do you all feel about the new US President? I think its a blow to Johnson as Biden is a big supporter of the Irish and the good Friday agreement. Brexit just got a lot more complicated.

Is Brexit every really going to happen? We have our hands full enough in America right now and I'm definitely lagging in my European knowledge.

The fact that it passed by such a slim margin in the first place made it forever controversial.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

Brexit will happen on Jan 1st 2021. There's no stopping it.

In a transition peroid atm where the rules are basically the same. The only difference between now and last year is the right wingers have a massive majority and can't be stopped.

The polls saying people think it's a mistake is nothing new. It was afterall only a 52/48 win. Too late now.

It's going to be a disaster for Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. Worst thing is that the Tories still have a full 3 1/2 years to go at least. The opposition are rubbish.

I don't think I can be bothered voting at the next election.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Disaster for Ireland too imo. I don't see the sense in it.

AtariLegend wrote:

Tories couldn't give a fuck about anything North of Surrey.

Board footer