You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

Re: Anyone else looking forward to AC/DC's new album?

PotatoSalad wrote:

AC/DC is easily in my top 5 bands, and may soon enough take the number 1 spot due to a certain band's lack of activity. 4

It's my most anticipated release in years.  I wasn't sure Brian would be back but was thrilled when they announced he returned.  As cool as it would be to have an Axl/DC record I have no problem with them sticking with the guy who they've kicked ass with for decades.  I'm really looking forward to this bright spot in an otherwise horrible year and can't wait to hear it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyone heard this yet? I might download it for shits and giggles.

It leaked.

I can't imagine it being any good. They haven't released a good album since The Razors Edge.

James

James wrote:
PotatoSalad wrote:

As cool as it would be to have an Axl/DC record I have no problem with them sticking with the guy who they've kicked ass with for decades.

I'd like to get the full story on everything that transpired during this period of the band.

Angus isn't stupid....he had to consider the possibility of a rebranded AC/DC and the type of impact it could have and what it would do for them popularity and legacy wise.

We'll never get the story but I have a feeling that the simultaneous GNR reunion stomped it in its cradle. Age may have had something to do with it as well....the window is too small for AC/DC Mach 3 and it would have been a gamble as well. If the fan base chalked it up as a novelty, it would blow up in his face and would permanently ruin the "brand".

It's interesting how they've retconned the story.

Brian was fired. Period. Now they're acting like it was always temporary and Axl there to just fill in for a few days.

Bullshit.

Angus had some sort of plan.

If this happens 10 years ago, the story plays out differently.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well both brian and malcolm were very sick at the time, then malcolm passed...but i thought that Brian was dealing with memory loss, not hearing issues...whatever...i havent hward the album...ive kinda given up hope that any new music is worthwhile anymore...i listen to audio books these days lol

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

If they did Axl/DC it could only ne an album with a hit song or two. I think too many fans would feel Brian was slighted to pay to see them ACDC 3 like James said.

This year, it wouldve worked since they wouldnt tour for a while. Not sure when this album began but myb they knew there wouldnt be a tour. Would be interesting, maybe Malcolm asked to kedp Brian and ride it out as is.

James

James wrote:

I don't listen to any new music either. Zilch. Nada.

I'm perfectly happy with the music I grew up on and like I mentioned earlier, I also like discovering or rediscovering killer treasure from old artists/bands I like.

I love how a lot of artists are finally liquidating their vaults which is actually decades overdue.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

If they did Axl/DC it could only ne an album with a hit song or two. I think too many fans would feel Brian was slighted to pay to see them ACDC 3 like James said.

This year, it wouldve worked since they wouldnt tour for a while. Not sure when this album began but myb they knew there wouldnt be a tour. Would be interesting, maybe Malcolm asked to kedp Brian and ride it out as is.

What I was hoping for along with a new song or two from Axl/DC was them going in the studio and rerecording an albums worth of some old ACDC hits and deep cuts.

It could've been amazing. Angus said Axl was really into those shows and wanted to dust off some of their old material they hadn't played in decades.

An alternate universe Axl/DC album.....

New song
New song
Girls Got Rhythm
Highway to Hell
Ride On
Jailbreak
Who Made Who
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Night Prowler
The Jack
Thunderstruck
Whole Lotta Rosie
Shot of Love
Hell's Bells
Big Gun

Two fan bases jump all over that like flies on shit and casual rock fans would be interested for the supergroup spectacle of it all....and I guarantee a few singles would chart.

James

James wrote:

Axl would've kicked ten tons of ass on a studio version of this song.....

This is the AC/DC song I always wanted GNR to cover and it's unfortunate he didn't perform it with Axl/DC.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I agree Axl/DC was originally meant to be permanent. I think it collapsed when Angus heard Axl's 2017 voice.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This album was kinda a grower for me.

When I first heard it I was a little underwhelmed as part of me is always hoping for another huge "Thunderstruck" style single.

However I gave it a few spins the next day and started to really like a few of the tracks. It ended up being a worthy part of the catalogue for me even if it doesn't have my all time favourites on it.

Overall it's just nice to have Brian back.

I loved Axl/Dc - Axl's voice was amazing on those shows - but for Brian to go out from the band so suddenly and clearly unhappily after decades of kicking ass...phil to be locked down...then Cliff to retire....it was sort of an ignominious ending for such a glorious band.

So i'm just very happy that they've risen from the ashes so to speak.

Board footer