You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Evo's favourite movies of the 21st century so far

AtariLegend wrote:

Just for fun, what's everyone's favourite 10 films since 2000?

If and only if there's at least 10 lists from different people, we'll do an elimination series around it. This is not expected though, so don't think of that way.

This is mine off the top of my head (in an order tbd):

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)
The Dark Knight (2008)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Spirited Away (2001)
There Will Be Blood (2007)
Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
Children of Men (2006)
The Departed (2006)
The Shape of Water (2017)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Oh god...this is a can of worms...maybe we just talk about our fav movies from this century and see where it goes?

Here are a few:

Fences
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
You Were Never Really Here
The Impossible
3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

AtariLegend wrote:

Eternal Sunshine definitely crossed my mind, but it's been years since I've seen it., same with Lost in Translation. 3 Billboards was certainly very good, but it didn't really stand out to me.

Fences is the only one I never heard off, might add it to a very long to watch list.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Im normally not a fan of Denzel...but he is brilliant in fences...as are his co-stars

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

The Irishman
Wolf of Wall Street
Django Unchained
Vanilla Sky
Gladiator
The Martian
Butterfly Effect
40-year old virgin
This is the end
Batman v Superman (the extended cut only)
Endgame

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wolf Of Wall Street
The Departed
Django
The Dark Knight
Black Hawk Down
Flight
Avengers Infinity Wars (or End Game)
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)
Oceans 11

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The Irishman

Butterfly Effect
40-year old virgin

Butterfly Effect was good, I wouldn't say Top 10 good, but yeah admittedly its up there. Surprised me considering Ashton Kutchner was just the dude from 70s Show & Dude Where's My Car at the time. I think a friend was all about it at the time so I checked it out.

40 Year Old Virgin was one of the better comedies, and those teen/adult style comedies. If American Pie was 2000, I'd go with it since I feel it started that all. 40 YOV I wouldn't. Again, they're up there.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Meh...I'm so over action movies and comedies as a general rule...i mean i will watch them from time to time,  but i usually need to be coerced into it.

If it has marvel attached to it i usually run away.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The Irishman

Butterfly Effect
40-year old virgin

Butterfly Effect was good, I wouldn't say Top 10 good, but yeah admittedly its up there. Surprised me considering Ashton Kutchner was just the dude from 70s Show & Dude Where's My Car at the time. I think a friend was all about it at the time so I checked it out.

40 Year Old Virgin was one of the better comedies, and those teen/adult style comedies. If American Pie was 2000, I'd go with it since I feel it started that all. 40 YOV I wouldn't. Again, they're up there.

TBE stood out to me for its accurate portrayal of chaos theory and how much of our lives are circumstance. It was a great thought experiment, and an important one for understanding empathy. I thought then and still do that it deserves more attention. I’m no cinematographer , but solid story and acting really entertain me.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The Irishman

Butterfly Effect
40-year old virgin

TBE stood out to me for its accurate portrayal of chaos theory and how much of our lives are circumstance. It was a great thought experiment, and an important one for understanding empathy. I thought then and still do that it deserves more attention. I’m no cinematographer , but solid story and acting really entertain me.

I agree, it was layered & sorta like The Matrix in its concept. I did like the storyline alot, and wasn't so bad in the whole romance aspect from what I recall. Yeah it was psychological. A surprise hit, probably might warrant Top 19, I dunno. Underrated although I thought it was well reviewed. Didn't they make a sequel & couldn't even get Ashton to sign on?  Good film, sorta like Eternal Sunshine, a thinkers film & also surprise hit & unassuming star in a good role.

Momento might deserve Top 10 material.

Board footer