You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: What Gn’R related thing still excites you?

exoterica wrote:

I was discussing with a friend the other day how my fandom peaked and fell off a cliff in 2008 after Robin Finck left the band.

I was excited for the leaks of 2019 but it made me sad the champagne cork didn’t pop in 2006 like it should have.

The only thing that I’m all that excited for is material 1997-2002.

Maybe proto This I Love from 1994, if it actually exists as well.

How about you guys and gals?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The only thing exciting to me about gnr in the past 10 years is that my daughter recently has discovered them.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I hold out hope for more archive projects like a UYI box set this year (or next year, knowing how well these guys are about being on time ...). But what I really want is new music.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

New studio stuff is what excites me.

TBH I feel like live shows is an exercise in diminishing returns. Every year Axl and Slash will get a touch older - and there's a point at which you can't expect it to be as good as some of the times you saw them when you were younger.  That said it's still fun to go for a night out, and for the memories, and for a bunch of other reasons. So I'll always go - but I don't have the excitement around it that I would have a couple of decades back.

I still believe in Axl as a songwriter though. I really liked Perhaps and State of Grace, and Eye on You. I like the idea of those types of songs but with some slash inclusions.

And I think that even any vocal issues could be successfully covered in the studio....so despite the timeframes being so insanely slow....I'm actually excited to eventually hear the next GNR record.

Despite it all and all the frustrating stuff about the band....I still think it will eventually happen and in a passive not holding my breath way i am excited for it.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

2004/2005 Woodland sessions, so we can get The General & Soul Monster with vocals.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Waiting for the lost 1995-1996 GN’R album that had contributions from Izzy, and Slash riffs that Axl described as a 1996 GN’R version of Aerosmith’s Rocks.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The only thing exciting to me about gnr in the past 10 years is that my daughter recently has discovered them.

Aww, that's nice. Hope you two have a good time. 9

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

2004/2005 Woodland sessions, so we can get The General & Soul Monster with vocals.

Yeah that'd be awesome.

metallex78 wrote:

Waiting for the lost 1995-1996 GN’R album that had contributions from Izzy, and Slash riffs that Axl described as a 1996 GN’R version of Aerosmith’s Rocks.

Here's hoping Big Ging put down vocals on it. Doubtful, though.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

UYI box set
New music
Axl Biography

Even the prospect of new music is somewhat underwhelming compared to the wait for UYI or the mystery of the Chinese democracy early years. I’d be more excited if Axl/Slash or Duff were more passionate and enthusiastic about it.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Anything from the early 2000’s with Robin and Bucket

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

For me its a proper new Guns album to bookend their career.

It's clear that there is very little in the vault from the classic era - essentially UYI was the vault clearing where they recorded everything they'd written and exhausted the band artistically in the process.

CD era is an entirely different animal - its sketches and fragments recorded by loads of hired hands, pieced together in a studio.

The UYI doco could be something and some more pro-shot stuff circa 87-88

Board footer