You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: The Official Leaks Guide

You can call this the 'official Leaks guide', if you wish.

Over the years, there have been over 3 different leaks for only one song, this is the thread where we can organize all the legitimate leaks, and try to analyze what year the recording is from and when exactly they leaked.

The one leak or leaks I get confused with is "I.R.S", how many times has this leaked and how different are the versions? I know there was the 2006 I.R.S. leak from Wes, then the MSL leak had a new version of "I.R.S" with the Finck solo -- but, didn't Eddie Trunk leak "I.R.S" in 2003 or something? Also, didn't Darknemus leak "I.R.S"? This is where I get confused, maybe somebody here who knows a bit about them than me can help.

Here's what I know:

Song Leaked:                         Leaker:               Date Leaked:         Approx. Date of Recording:
"I.R.S."                                Piazza/Trunk              September 2003                   1999-2003
"I.R.S."                                 darknemus?                April 2005                          1999-2003
"Better"                                    Wes                        02/17/2006                        2002-2006
"I.R.S"                                      Wes                       02/17/2006                        2000-2006
"There Was A Time"                   Wes                       02/17/2006                        2000-2006
"Catcher in the Rye"                Unknown                   02/28/2006                      Most likely 1999
"Unknown Song"                        Razz                         May 2006                         1999-2006
"Better"                                Idolator.com?              02/20/2007                          2006
"Madagascar"                          Unknown                  03/29/2007                    Unknown, 2000-2007
"Chinese Democracy (clip)"       GnrSucks                 Early 2007                   Anywhere from 2002-2007
"Chinese Democracy (full)"          MSL                      05/05/2007                      Same as above
"The Blues"                                 MSL                     05/05/2007                   Anywhere from 2002-2007
"I.R.S."                                       MSL                     05/05/2007                  Anywhere from 2002-2007
"There Was A Time"                     MSL                     05/06/2007                   Anywhere from 2002-2007

That's really it, so far. So, do I have this straight? IRS and TWAT (the 1999 versions) were the Wes leaks in February or what?

If anyone has further info, feel free to inform me and I'll update this.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

You forgot what we think is 99 IRS and TWAT.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Axl S wrote:

Was that "IRS" completely different from the Trunk/darknemus and Wes leaks?

Geez, this is annoying -- how many friggin' different IRS' are there? Not including those intrumentals.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Geez, this is annoying -- how many friggin' different IRS' are there? Not including those intrumentals.

Was quite different, same with 99 TWAT. Both had real drums from what I could remember and were Bucketless solo wise.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:
Axl S wrote:

You've never heard the complete shit 1999 version of the song without Buckethead??:nervous:

Consider yourself lucky. When you compare it to the BH version of the song, you'll start wanting him back in the band.

James

James wrote:

That 1999 album would have been a complete disaster.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

"Madagascar"                          Unknown                  03/29/2007                    Unknown, 2000-2007

darknemus leaked Madagascar, the track supposedly came from gnrsucks, but it was darknemus who leaked it to the forums.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James Lofton wrote:

I agree that CD then would've sucked balls, but for many more reasons than BH... and we don't know that the "2,000 Intentions" Industrial stuff wasn't good. Oh My God was pretty good and I imagine there were another 10 tracks or so in that vein that could've been as good.

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree that CD then would've sucked balls, but for many more reasons than BH... and we don't know that the "2,000 Intentions" Industrial stuff wasn't good. Oh My God was pretty good and I imagine there were another 10 tracks or so in that vein that could've been as good.

Well, I doubt the entire 97-99 sessions sucked completely. We have CITR as an example of something GNR worthy. Yeah, the industrial stuff may have been good, although likely weaker before BH added his stamp to it.

Riyadh probably existed in some form in 99, and I would hate to hear that without what BH added to the track.

When looking back at that time, its practically the same track names floating around. We know IRS and TWAT were mediocre before BH added his touch, so its likely that the rest did as well.

However, I would love to hear the first version of Chinese Democracy.

Not saying BH was the only CD era goose that could lay a golden egg. We can only go by evidence we have, and that evidence points to the material getting more cohesive when he entered the picture.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

hey how come I don't get credit for leaking Catcher in the Rye to the forums?? What up with that? 16   I'm not the official, official leaker but I am the forum leaker. I can tell you how it went down cause I did it.  Give me credit. Give it to me now  DAMNIT!!! 16

Board footer