You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Top 10 albums of the 90's

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

The best album of the 90's was Ok Computer by Radiohead. cool

see i've tried to get into that album a few times and everytime i play it i get bored of it

I forgot Rage 17

and i prolly should've included Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory and Five O'Clock, and to round out my top 20 i'll throw in FNM Angel Dust

Communist China wrote:

90s are my favorite decade for music.

I;d have to agree whole heartedly

my top 20, and i could prolly easily make it a top 40

STP - Tiny Music...songs from the vatican giftshop
AIC - Tripod
Nirvana - In Utero
GNR - UYI 2
Metallica - The Black Album
Pearl Jam - 10
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Pantera - Great Southern Trendkill
Candlebox - Happy Pills
Days of the New - Green
Tool - Aenima
Ozzy - No More Tears
Blind Melon - Soup
Bush - Razorblade Suitcase
I Mother Earth - Scenery and Fish
The Tea Party - Transmission
Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled
Slash Snakepit - It's Five Oclock Somewhere
Faith No More - Angel Dust
Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory (Young Guns II Soundtrack)

Sky Dog wrote:

You got Aenima in there....that counts for something.:mosh:

"See, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs and burn 'em. Cause you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin' high on drugs."

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

You got Aenima in there....that counts for something.:mosh:

"See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do, and if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs and burn 'em. Cause you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrreal fuckin' high on drugs."

Hooker With a Penis is some awesome Lyrics..in fact anyone wanna talk about selling out? check these lyrics... 22

I, met a boy, wearing Vans, 501s, and a Dope, Beastie-tee, nipple rings, New tattoos that claim that he was OGT, back from '92, on the first EP.

And in between Sips of Coke He told me that He thought We were sellin' out, Layin' down, Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some Advice for you, little buddy. Before you point your finger You should know that I'm the man, And if I'm the man, Then you're the man, and He's the man as well so you can Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever even heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And then you bought one.

All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar

Shut up and Buy, buy, buy, my new record Buy, buy, buy, send more money Fuck you, buddy.

Sky Dog wrote:

yes....quite applicable to the Gnr fanbase as well.:peace:

some of my favs from the 90's.

Achtung Baby-U2
Being There-Wilco
In Utero and Nevermind-Nirvana
UYI I and II
The Bends and Ok Computer-Radiohead
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain-Pavement
All Shook Down-The Replacements
Aenima-Tool
Uncle Tupelo-Anodyne
Time Out Of Mind-Bob Dylan
The Fragile-NIN
Sonic Youth-Goo

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i've never owned actung baby .... i've been meaning to buy it for a while though cuz the track list is damn good on it....it prolly U2's best album IMO

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

nobody has mentioned RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik yet either

but its fucking amazing as well 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
von wrote:

I respect that you added the better half of UYI, though why many of you continue to divide them into halves I don't truly comprehend.

Well, they are two separate releases. If the band wanted them counted asone, they should have released both in the same package.

Besides, I consider the rest of my list better than UYI II.

Communist China wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

5. Elastica- Elastica
9. The New Radicals- Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too

I've been considering buying these for a long time now, but still haven't. I'll have to bump them up my list.

Not leaving the house again today, but tomorrow I'll take these two albums with me and upload them.

Neemo wrote:

nobody has mentioned RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik yet either

but its fucking amazing as well 22

I always thought the album was overrated. I could make a top 40 90's list and BSSM still wouldn't make the list.

Another great album from the 90's is ACDC's Razor's Edge. Still their best album since Back in Black.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

5. Elastica- Elastica
9. The New Radicals- Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too

I've been considering buying these for a long time now, but still haven't. I'll have to bump them up my list.

Not leaving the house again today, but tomorrow I'll take these two albums with me and upload them.

Would be appreciated. Let me know if I can repay you with that Jellyfish album. Haha, I have a lot of trouble selling them to people, but I kepp trying.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, send the Jellyfish album. The name definitely rings a bell, but cant remember any songs from them.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain-Pavement
Uncle Tupelo-Anodyne

Good call on those two, not quite in my Top 10 Heavyweights but great albums. I was a big grunge head, hence, here goes my list:

U2 - Achtung Baby   
Metallica - Black Album
Nirvana - Nevermind
Pearl Jam - 10
Pearl Jam - Vs
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Soundgarden - SuperUnknown
Alice In Chains - Dirt
Dr Dre - The Chronic
Black Crowes - Shake Your Moneymaker

I put Dr Dre on there for 2 reasons. It introduced the world to Snoop Dogg, but it also defined West Coast Rap (as well as 90's rap). I debated putting the 'Singles' soundtrack on there, and should have. But didn't because it's a compilation album.

Board footer