You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

I'm healthy otherwise, not over weight or anything, I just have messed up veins. I walk a lot, but running is a no go. My main thing is leg pain, on top of ankle and feet problems from skateboarding, but that's just something I've had to learn to live with. I saw people coming down with dvt so I wasn't sure if there was any conflict with a vaccine.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah no I wasn't implying you were out of shape. I never heard of DVT so quickly googled it and saw it was blood/vein related. Thought maybe a certain diet & maybe pumping blood thru the veins thru exercise could help offset. But, I'm no Dr so don't follow me I guess. Sorry to sound crass, maybe google it to see if others report concerns with it or side effects. I may be wrong but I don't think its a popular thing like diabetes or ashtma where its side effects are reports more often in the news etc.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nah, no problem, I only meant that was my main issue and I'm not unhealthy or anything, so I shouldn't have any other complications. smile

I'm expecting side effects, but I can't find anything saying I shouldn't get it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Whoa, Mr ID, I just heard on the radio there may be a link between the Astra Zeneca vaccine and certain types of blood clots.

Found some articles:  https://www.seattletimes.com/business/o … clot-link/

misterID

misterID wrote:

Thanks, man. I think that vaccine is only available in Europe. I'll probably get Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Ive been dragging my ass on getting the vaccine. It's a coin flip on whether or not I get it.

It looks like they want everyone to have it so I may have to get it just to go to Six Flags this summer.

It's a fucked up situation. Either roll the dice on the virus or the vaccine. Both just as likely to kill you.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Either roll the dice on the virus or the vaccine. Both just as likely to kill you.

I don't know why, but I kind of expected better from you than this.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Yeah, the vaccine is super super unlikely to kill you. Whereas the virus relatively speaking is a lot more likely - and even if it doesn't kill got a decent chance of having long term health effects afterwards. James, hope you get the vaccine and stay safe.

misterID

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Either roll the dice on the virus or the vaccine. Both just as likely to kill you.

I don't know why, but I kind of expected better from you than this.

I don't think this is fair. From how I read it, he was saying you don't know how either will effect you.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

I don't think this is fair. From how I read it, he was saying you don't know how either will effect you.

Well no, ‘both just as likely to kill you’ is not the same thing as ‘you don’t know how either will effect you’. The latter statement is true and also true of any type of medication you take for the first time by the way. ‘Both being as likely to kill you’ is demonstrably untrue.

My partner tested positive last weekend. Only did a test as we were meant to be visiting her parents and her Dad is quite high risk. Anyway came back positive, lost her taste and smell this week but it’s returning now. I’ve tested negative all week but find it hard to be believe I’ve not had it having spent so much time in close proximity.

Board footer