You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

This will become a big issue in the coming 10-15 years as most of the iconic artists/bands are dead or too old to tour.

The music industry, which has weathered many storms over the years...will soon face its biggest crisis.

The quality or lack thereof with music completely altered its role in our culture. It has no genuine impact anymore. It is background noise to whatever is going on in your life. Disposable music coming from disposable artists on disposable devices in a disposable culture.

It shouldn't have been this way.

It's just elevator music at this point.  There is no meaning anymore or variety.  Plus a  lot of these people can't really "sing" either.  There's no hooks or melody in any of this stuff in the USA anyway.  Some of the hip hop stuff is even more worse.  Just banal crap.

You have to go the foreign countries to find any sort of interesting rock music.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

James, your points about Swift are valid, but I still think these last two albums of hers are fantastic, and show true talent.

And honestly, the Sinéad O’Connor stuff you posted didn’t really impress me either, so.... apples and oranges

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

James, your points about Swift are valid, but I still think these last two albums of hers are fantastic, and show true talent.

And honestly, the Sinéad O’Connor stuff you posted didn’t really impress me either, so.... apples and oranges

I posted different versions of one song....and it's not even her best song.

Regardless of someone liking her or not, Swift isn't in the same ballpark. Sinead rose up from poverty to make it and didn't need a rich daddy and a team of publicists, producers, and songwriters to get her over with the public. She also didn't have to pretend to be Shania and then pretend to be Madonna to make it.

She was also from an era where there was stiff competition...and she was up against the industry she was trying to make it in.

Swift would never rock the boat. Too obsessed with money and fame.

James

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

apples and oranges

Well yeah.... it's all subjective.

Like 12 years ago I was pushing MIA to the moon here. I was practically a street team member.

A lot of people here hated it....nails on a chalkboard...but I thought it was the best music in the 2000s.

I don't even listen to her anymore.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

It's just elevator music at this point.  There is no meaning anymore or variety.  Plus a  lot of these people can't really "sing" either.  There's no hooks or melody in any of this stuff in the USA anyway.  Some of the hip hop stuff is even more worse.  Just banal crap.

You have to go the foreign countries to find any sort of interesting rock music.

It's really sad.

I'm perfectly content just listening to music from my youth. I don't bother seeking out new artists to discover anymore.

Our culture has no taste anymore. The crap I hear coming from cars today is noise pollution. How does it not drive them crazy?

Plus a  lot of these people can't really "sing" either.

It's what I meant by having Swift or Ariana tackle that Sinead song. No microphone or anything....just sing it.

They'd get exposed as frauds.

Today's pop tarts couldn't sing Happy Birthday without auto tune.

It says so much about our garbage culture.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

apples and oranges

Well yeah.... it's all subjective.

Like 12 years ago I was pushing MIA to the moon here. I was practically a street team member.

A lot of people here hated it....nails on a chalkboard...but I thought it was the best music in the 2000s.

I don't even listen to her anymore.

Yeah, I thought that MIA stuff was rubbish too. 16

James

James wrote:

I saw on another site talking about this being one of the worst songs ever recorded.

They were right.

I don't even remember this....

James

James wrote:

Incredible.

imsorry wrote:

Mixed by Chris Lord-Alge

James

James wrote:

Holy shit....

Until last night I had completely forgotten about this song's existence. Unbelievable.

It was a nice adrenaline shot of nostalgia. It'll be my new favorite song... for a few days anyways.

Been listening on YouTube but I'm gonna download the album.

Board footer