You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Mike wrote:
James wrote:

Ah that brings back memories. That long Halloween (2007) thread, an exciting time to be a Halloween fan back then.

I can’t get the thread to load. Just the header.

I think that's all it is, the old ROV logo.  Ahhhh, 2006. Good times!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You can go to the internet archive and see ROV. Only thing you can read is the various forum indexes/thread titles.

It's unfortunate that you can't read the actual discussions..

That would've been a treasure trove of nostalgia and insanity.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I still have an rov tshirt

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I disappeared for quite awhile, but I'm back at the moment. 16

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

TexasTech, welcome!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

My God you're still here. For me these days, GNR doesn't take full focus. Hardly anything at all. GNR is only fun when it's unpredictable. Like Absurd. When it's not, I loose interest. But I'll try to remember the community and perhaps circle back to forums and stay off social media.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
DCK wrote:

My God you're still here. For me these days, GNR doesn't take full focus. Hardly anything at all. GNR is only fun when it's unpredictable. Like Absurd. When it's not, I loose interest. But I'll try to remember the community and perhaps circle back to forums and stay off social media.

Tbh the political thread kept things alive here. Really from 2016 straight thru 2020 election. Trump sure kept things interesting.

Guns & NITL tour discussion faded around 2017 aside from a brief leaks dump.

Welcome tho, remember ya, hope u been good.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Quite the trip down memory lane 9 I've been on the forums on and off again since the late nineties. Used to post under the name downliner most places. I didnt post that much as Im mostly a lurker and just like to read other fans opinions. I built quite a few Izzy fan sites over the years (chopaway.com, izzy-stradlin.com, izzy.34sp.com, etc) and did all the coding for this site after ROV went up in flames though I was mostly behind the scenes. Heres some archived screenshots that I still have, not sure which of these ever went live:

Axl Theme
axl.jpg
Duff Theme
duff.jpg
White Evo Theme (dont think this ever went live)
evol_new.jpg
When we had a sidebar:
mockup_new.jpg
Evos homepage when it first launched I believe
mockup5.jpg

& Some of my old Izzy site screenshots incase anyone remembers any of these:

izzy1.png
izzy2.png
izzy3.png
izzy4.png
izzy5.png

I spent a fuck ton of time always designing and redesigning, trying to add new features etc because I loved learning how to write code back then. I ended up becomming a full time programmer and still do it to this day so all that time working on Izzy and GNR fansites was totally worth it 5

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I dearly miss that period when we had the sidebar. We were really rocking and rolling at that point.

Hard to believe that was 12-13 years ago.

Jesus....

I also remember those themes for each member. I don't think that lasted very long.

Yeah....great front page. That didn't last long neither.

That logo that elmir and dreamliner created was incredible. It was better than what the band was using at the time.

The GNR camp were idiots for not inquiring about it.

Good to see you back, DCK.

Just saw SLC post today although he's been in and out of the politics discussions.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Some more old school Evo banners that we somehow still have backed up 9

logo.jpg
logo2.jpg
logo4.jpg
chi_dem_banner_logo.jpg
img031.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

No idea which of these were ever used, I definitely recognise some of them though 22

Board footer