You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Wtf happened to…Riad

FlashFlood wrote:

(Skipping Scraped because first impression was the album)

I like Riad a lot more than others. Definitely should have kept the bucket solo.  I think it was an amazing display of karma that the tinkering on this particular track got them sued…how much ambient noise do you need? Outside of the blatant ripoff, just oblivious to how people consume music…not a song worthy of (plagiarized) intro nonsense.

Sky Dog wrote:

The drums and bass on the demo are wicked. I prefer the demo by far. Modern day Immigrant Song.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Don't care for it. The "all my salvation" part is repetitive and grating. Guitars are definitely better on the demo.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Riad instrumental is a monster.

Under-appreciated but I don’t like how it sounds.

Josh’s drums are killer and so is Tommy’s bass but I don’t know. Somethings off.

The 2001 performances had the goods. Felt more organic.

Incomprehensible lyrics for a supposedly important song.

Their most punk songs by far. Like a modern Garden of Eden.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I always feel the vocal is under appreciated in this song. Bust out a version in the shower and you'll see what I mean - it's hard to sing right...and it's actually kinda cool as it's own thing.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I love the bits where the harmony vocals kick in on the "All my salvation/All my frustrations/Caught up in lies" bit. Feels very Queen.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I always feel the vocal is under appreciated in this song. Bust out a version in the shower and you'll see what I mean - it's hard to sing right...and it's actually kinda cool as it's own thing.

I actually really dig this song.

The two best revelations in this series is that we all pretty much agree Ron is not to blame for the re-recording nightmare but Axl and Caram. The other is that we all now know monkey sings Riad in the shower. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

I caught that too...lol

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Hopefully on 7/31 they play the new Hardschool so we can have a Wtf happened to Hardschool thread. I wonder how many will prefer the demo's instrumental to the Slash version.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

What little we’ve heard of Hardschool, Slash has improved it immensely, Duff too.

Board footer