You are not logged in. Please register or login.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

davegnfnr2k wrote:

We don't really expect a new setlist do we? Outside of maybe a couple different songs will it really be that different?
And are they really going to add hard school? You'd think if they were going to play a new song they would have the single out before the tour. But again its GNR and they never do anything that makes sense.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Only thing I expect is a new rotation of covers.

Eddie Van Halen died. We may get a Van Halen song.

Who else died this past year?

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:

maybe add in a few UYI songs but that is about it. 90% of it wont change IMO
And I doubt they play hard school.  And even based on that sound check clip do we really want to hear axl and slash butcher it?

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:

And I doubt they play hard school.  And even based on that sound check clip do we really want to hear axl and slash butcher it?

I think Slash's Hardschool is way better than the demo. It really sounds like a modern You Could Be Mine type rocker. On the other hand, I'm afraid that songs like Soul Monster are probably lost forever since they can't be easily "Slashified" in that manner. Why the hell couldn't Axl have just released CD II in 2015?

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:

I think Slash's Hardschool is way better than the demo. It really sounds like a modern You Could Be Mine type rocker. On the other hand, I'm afraid that songs like Soul Monster are probably lost forever since they can't be easily "Slashified" in that manner. Why the hell couldn't Axl have just released CD II in 2015?

Slash's hard school was a disaster.  You really think that was good?
As for something like Soul Monster, not sure why Axl just doesn't let Fortus do the BH stuff Fortus can shred and would be able to handle all of BHs stuffbut of course Axl wants to give Slash pretty much all fo the CD solos that both Finck and BH did.  So dumb.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

As for something like Soul Monster, not sure why Axl just doesn't let Fortus do the BH stuff Fortus can shred and would be able to handle all of BHs stuffbut of course Axl wants to give Slash pretty much all fo the CD solos that both Finck and BH did.  So dumb.

Slash improved Hardschool to actually sound like a Guns N’ Roses song. If you think that’s butchering it, then you don’t really like GN’R’s classic sound.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no sense Slash trying to copy Bucket. Make it their own.

I'll say Locomotive and Hardschool.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Slash improved Hardschool to actually sound like a Guns N’ Roses song. If you think that’s butchering it, then you don’t really like GN’R’s classic sound.

When did a clip of Hardschool come out with Slash playing? Is that something recent?

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's no sense Slash trying to copy Bucket. Make it their own.

I'll say Locomotive and Hardschool.

I hadn't really thought about Locomotive, it wasn't played at either 2020 show. I wonder if it'll become a staple this year, Axl has to be sick of singing Coma. Unless Loco is harder for him to sing?

AgesOfTheIce

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

When did a clip of Hardschool come out with Slash playing? Is that something recent?

The soundcheck guy leaked a clip of the rehearsal before the 3/14/2020 Mexico show.

Board footer