You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

misterID wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

This was posted on Ebay apparently and the guy looks legit. https://gunsnfnroses.com/z282916/monthl … 1fc46.jpeg

It is time for Silkworms lmao

Seeing Hard School is spelled Hard Skool, I totally believe it's legit. Only GN'R would do that. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I like the silkworms lyrics...they're full of bile but it has that way with words that retro Axl anger does....although I think the Ron version had one of the more harsh lines toned down from memory which is a shame lol

Sky Dog wrote:

There is no way I am paying to see that setlist. Absurd is quite an appropriate title.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I find the amount of hardcore fans complaining about Silkworms being back in the set confusing. Songs can change a lot over the years.

Look at "Shankler's Revenge" on the Rough Mixes and how some ideas and parts of that song became Shackler's Revenge in 2008.

Look at how those early 80s demos of November Rain compare to the finished product.

We have no idea how a 2021 Silkworms could sound. It could sound exactly the same, very different or somewhere inbetween. Ultimately we don't know, so people should stop being negative and at least be interested in what appears to be two unreleased song as alternates on the setlist. It's a sign something may happen sooner than we think.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m pissed that there is no indication of new music…that’s it.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I’m pissed that there is no indication of new music…that’s it.

They soundchecked a new song both before the tour that Covid cancelled and this new one that's just started. That new song appears to be an alt on the setlist along with another new song we haven't heard in 20 years.

That's a clear indication something might be brewing. Whether they pull the trigger is another story.

Sky Dog wrote:

Hard School is a 20 year old song as well! Slash and Axl have been back together 5 years and not one note of new music from them! New means something created by the current band which has existed since 2016. It’s a joke. Silkworms and Hard School were written by another band.

Sky Dog wrote:

And don’t tell me that Duff and Slash MAY have been the guys who wrote the riffs. Bullshit as there is literally no proof of that. NONE.

All we know is what have seen on those 4 discs of music…all written by another band

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Hard School is a 20 year old song as well! Slash and Axl have been back together 5 years and not one note of new music from them! New means something created by the current band which has existed since 2016. It’s a joke. Silkworms and Hard School were written by another band.

I get the frustration....I'm getting fed up as well.

If someone had told me 10-15 years ago that in 2021 Axl, Slash, and Duff would be together playing the hits, covers, and various CD songs and the only hint of something new happening was Silkworms and the Checkmate clip being added to the list of alternates....I would've died laughing.

Having said that....these are the cards that have been dealt.

Even IF songs like Hardschool and Oklahoma have their roots in the 95-96 period, it's still a bad sign.

It means they have little interest in working on new material.

The only reason these two songs added gives me hope is....

There's no reason to add them. 99.9% of fans don't know the existence of those songs. It's not a ridiculous assumption to say there may be some sort of release down the road.

The reunion wound up being less a reunion but a continuation of the Chinese saga but simply marketed as a reunion for financial reasons.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

And don’t tell me that Duff and Slash MAY have been the guys who wrote the riffs. Bullshit as there is literally no proof of that. NONE.

All we know is what have seen on those 4 discs of music…all written by another band

I mean, we don’t know that either. We don’t have writing credits for those songs.

Like I’ve said we don’t know a lot of things.

I get the frustration but if you’re a fan of this band surely you are interested to hear whatever it is they eventually wheel out - even if the core of each song was written in the late 90s.

And agree with James. The reunion era is basically “what if the CD era was profitable”.

Board footer