You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Absurd

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Is it me or did Axl seem more "animated" and excited singing this than anything else over the past few years?

He hasn't been singing it for 30 years. He's basically on autopilot on the old stuff.

A new album really could be a game changer...not just for fans.

He seemed more excited and happy from the start of the show. Probably because he knew what was coming. He was giddy when they started playing Absurd.

Valid complaints about how he sounds generally these days and Slash sloppyness aside, if they can carry the enthusiasm and energy from last night into the rest of these shows then that's only a good thing.

Fingers crossed now, for more song debuts and maybe even an official release of some sort.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Is it me or did Axl seem more "animated" and excited singing this than anything else over the past few years?

He hasn't been singing it for 30 years. He's basically on autopilot on the old stuff.

A new album really could be a game changer...not just for fans.

He seemed more excited and happy from the start of the show. Probably because he knew what was coming. He was giddy when they started playing Absurd.

Valid complaints about how he sounds generally these days and Slash sloppyness aside, if they can carry the enthusiasm and energy from last night into the rest of these shows then that's only a good thing.

Fingers crossed now, for more song debuts and maybe even an official release of some sort.

Yep....they have to keep momentum going.....and they also need to ignore any feedback on the internet now. The internet has morphed into a monster fueled by faux outrage and shit posting.

Silkworms will not be immediately embraced with open arms in such an environment.

When Axl mentioned new song...it got a crowd pop. Focus on that. People want to hear something new.

Just keep playing this and/or Hardschool. After they get a rhythm going...then check for online feedback.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:
kemmep wrote:

Lol, that was realy absurd. But i like it haha. Pitman already predicted this moment:

There’s been a lot of talk about a Guns N’ Roses collaboration between yourself and Dizzy Reed, on a track known as ‘Silkworms’. It has been confirmed that this track will not make the final cut of Chinese Democracy. Why is this? Does the track have a future as a B-side or future release?

Pitman: I hope so. That song in particular that you are talking about, ‘Silkworms’, it ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N’ Roses 10 or 15 years in the future. It was so far removed from our other songs that we had to put it in this other place. Concept-wise, it didn’t fit with Chinese Democracy. We hope we will have other songs that match that kind of futuristic sound. It’s a really exciting track because it morphs into this crazy sound, but it was out so much in the other direction that we have to let time catch up with it.

If it actually gets released....this shoots up into the top 10 GNR quotes.

I find it absolutely fucking hilarious that Pitman got booted from the band for complaining publicly that all they wanted to do was nostalgia tours, and now the first new song they do… is a Pitman track.

Pitman, you fucking mug.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's so exciting.

Of course.....they played IRS in 2006 and then the album came in 2008....so we may still be in for a bit of a wait for the record.....but it does suggest that plans to actually continue on with new music at some stage are real....

The idea of slash playing on those leaks really gets me into GNR mode.

It's really nice just that they've changed things up a bit though.

elevendayempire

monkeychow wrote:

It's so exciting.

Of course.....they played IRS in 2006 and then the album came in 2008....so we may still be in for a bit of a wait for the record.....but it does suggest that plans to actually continue on with new music at some stage are real....

Speaking of IRS, it still baffles me that the NITL lineup hasn't tackled one of the few classic rockers on Chinese Democracy once. Like, in what bizarro universe is Slash playing Madagascar and Prostitute and fucking Silkworms, but IRS doesn't get a look in?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's so exciting.

Speaking of IRS, it still baffles me that the NITL lineup hasn't tackled one of the few classic rockers on Chinese Democracy once. Like, in what bizarro universe is Slash playing Madagascar and Prostitute and fucking Silkworms, but IRS doesn't get a look in?

Maybe that one is being saved for the album..... 18

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's so exciting.

He doesn't really play on Madagascar, Fortus is doing all the heavy lifting there

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

I think they all recognise IRS may be too much of an ask for Axl.

Vocally those CD songs are some of the most challenging he's ever recorded to do in a live environment and IRS with that long scream is up there. It's why I think The Blues/SoD hasn't featured despite it having an old school GN'R ballad feel.

elevendayempire

Axl S wrote:

I think they all recognise IRS may be too much of an ask for Axl.

Vocally those CD songs are some of the most challenging he's ever recorded to do in a live environment and IRS with that long scream is up there. It's why I think The Blues/SoD hasn't featured despite it having an old school GN'R ballad feel.

Eh, they can easily rework that bit. The scream's just backing for the showboating solo, really.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Pretty sure the press panned this song in 01 and now it's getting praised as having "mind-blowing riffs" and as "a frenetic slice of hard rock"

Amazing what difference a top hat makes 16

Board footer