You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

Scabbie wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

Anyone else triggered by the sloppy edit job on the first verse with the skip at screaming fucking banshee part that is not even on the other verses when he sings it again.  It was there on the BBF version, you would think they would have fixed it since it was not there on the village version.   

Yes...Absurd! They really should fix that if this is intended for an album.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Positives: It’s nice to hear Axl and Slash together on their first song in 30 years.

Negatives: it’s a shame it’s an Axl vocal take from 20 years ago.

But like others have said, if he sounded better back then, why bother trying to recapture that kind of take now when he can’t do it?

It’s still so damn bizarre to me at this point, that we have a new single, and that it’s got Slash, and that it’s fucking Silkworms…!

I’m still not quite comprehending all of this.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

Totally unexpected! If this was planned as a single why was it on the ‘alt’ list from the start? I appreciate that the band have made this more ‘GnR’ adding Duff and Slash. It maybe not one of my faves but I agree with James, let’s support the band. Looking forward to the next few months...

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Positives: It’s nice to hear Axl and Slash together on their first song in 30 years.

But like others have said, if he sounded better back then, why bother trying to recapture that kind of take now when he can’t do it?

It’s still so damn bizarre to me at this point, that we have a new single, and that it’s got Slash, and that it’s fucking Silkworms…!

This is what happens when a house keeper and pool boy are running the band.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

If anyone would have predicted this a month ago they’d have been laughed off the forum!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Pretty much. What are your thoughts on the guitar parts?

You’ve always been very vocal about Slash ‘butchering’ CD era songs. Do you think he did that here on the studio version?

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Pretty much. What are your thoughts on the guitar parts?

You’ve always been very vocal about Slash ‘butchering’ CD era songs. Do you think he did that here on the studio version?

I still like the HOB best but the guitars are awesome and are the best parts of the new version. Way better than the BBF guitar work on that other version.

Some of the guitar riffs are just randomly pasted on there but the main ones and the solos are awesome.

the only fault I find on these guitar parts are the editing and teh mixing of them. Not the guitar parts themselves.   They improved big time on the 2013 version.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

The trip sounds like it repeated in the second verse around the 1.25 mark

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

The trip sounds like it repeated in the second verse around the 1.25 mark

I don't hear it in the final one.  The editing of this song is a joke.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Totally unexpected! If this was planned as a single why was it on the ‘alt’ list from the start?

Two reasons IMO....

They can rotate both tracks in place of different old tracks

If it goes over like a lead balloon...they can pull it back without really any impact

Board footer